Online communities across employees, customers, and partners are creating the business value by interconnecting these communities to a broader business network. IDC's Communities and Collaboration service looks toward the next-generation enterprise, or modern business, made up of a set of connected communities that deliver an integrated business platform. Online communities are creating increasing business value by connecting employee, customer, and partner communities to a broader business network. In addition, convergence is taking place across the functional areas of collaboration, so real-time communication and social workflow will be increasingly integrated into business systems to connect communities of users. The program will explicitly cover online communities, enterprise social networks, file synchronization and sharing, and traditional collaboration (email, conferencing, team collaboration).
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Enterprise social networks
- Email applications
- Conferencing applications
- Team collaborative applications (TCA)
- File synchronization and sharing
- Enterprise cloud content collaboration (eC3)
- Worldwide Collaborative Applications Market Analysis
- Enterprise Social Networks Market Share and Forecast
- Email Applications Market Share and Forecast
- Conferencing Applications Market Share and Forecast
- Team Collaborative Applications Market Share and Forecast Analysis
- File Sync and Share Market Share and Forecast
- IDC MarketScape: Communities
- Pertinent market news and key vendor updates
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How will the change in customer, partner, and supplier influence and relevance through new communications channels impact business models?
- What role will communities play in delivering a more connected enterprise?
- How can vendors maximize sales growth in emerging and maturing collaborative applications markets and customer segments?
- How will the adoption of personally controlled productivity solutions impact enterprise communications?
- How will file synchronization and sharing applications support future employee productivity?
- How will organizations build application portfolios in the future to support changing communications channels?
Adobe Systems Incorporated,
Amazon Web Services, Inc.,
Cisco Systems, Inc.,
Citrix Systems, Inc.,
Crimson Hexagon, Inc.,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,
Huddle House, Inc.,
IntraLinks Holdings Inc.,
Lithium Technologies Inc.,
SYMPHONY HOLDINGS LIMITED,
SYNCHRONOSS TECHNOLOGIES, INC.,
Sprout Social, Inc.,
TIBCO Software Inc.,
Verizon Communications, Inc.,
Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.