Collaboration and social engagements are driving new approaches to growing business, creating a new generation of engagement-centric efficiencies that benefit every part of the enterprise. And it's only the beginning.
IDC's Social, Communities, and Collaboration service looks toward the next-generation enterprise where emerging collaborative and social technologies drive efficiencies, with both people and AI at the core to create new flows of work that improve productivity and customer, partner, and employee experiences.
The convergence of the collaboration and social media markets creates a new Social Collaborative Zone that crosses internal, gated, and public conversation networks. The results are melting silos, new ways to work that drive growth, and new metrics that reflect interactions and experiences at scale, across the sales continuum.
This service explicitly covers online communities, enterprise social networks (ESNs), team collaborative applications (TCAs), public social networks, social media management solutions, and traditional collaboration (email, conferencing, and messaging).
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Enterprise social networks (ESNs)
- Team collaborative applications (TCAs)
- Social media public networks and messaging
- Conferencing applications
- Social media management solutions
- Email applications
- Enterprise cloud content collaboration (eC3)
- Worldwide Collaborative Applications Market Share and Forecast
- Enterprise Social Networks Market Share and Forecast
- Team Collaborative Applications Market Share and Forecast Analysis
- Conferencing Applications Market Share and Forecast
- Innovation Accelerators: Chatbots, AI, and the New Human Role
- Social Media Management Applications Market Share and Forecast
- The Value of Empowering Collaboration and Social Engagement
- Emerging Trends and Best Practices and KPIs
- Pertinent Market News and Key Vendor Updates
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How do communities, collaboration, social media, and messaging create new value to the enterprise — and how will it serve as an annuity of value?
- How will the new Social Collaboration Zone bridge internal, gated, and public community users to accelerate insights and revenue?
- How will the emerging convergence of social and collaborative platforms change business models and drive customer experience and employee engagement?
- How will chatbots, AI, machine learning, and new user interfaces drive value and customer experience — and help employees do more?
- How can vendors maximize sales growth in emerging and evolving applications markets?
- Where are enterprises realizing value from social and collaborative solutions — and what are the leaders doing?
- What are the new ways of measuring success in social platforms — and how do you translate it to real business value?
- How will organizations build application portfolios in the future to support shifting customer expectations of communications channels?
- What's new that I need to know about in social and collaboration?
Adobe Systems Incorporated,
Amazon Web Services, Inc.,
Cisco Systems, Inc.,
Citrix Systems, Inc.,
Crimson Hexagon, Inc.,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,
Huddle House, Inc.,
IntraLinks Holdings Inc.,
Lithium Technologies Inc.,
SYMPHONY HOLDINGS LIMITED,
SYNCHRONOSS TECHNOLOGIES, INC.,
Sprout Social, Inc.,
TIBCO Software Inc.,
Verizon Communications, Inc.,
Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.