Collaboration and community platforms are fueling new approaches to growing business. They drive the creation of a new generation of knowledge-based teamwork efficiencies that benefit every part of the enterprise, and it is only the beginning. User expectations and increasing bandwidths will soon usher in a new generation of collaborative products. IDC's Collaboration, Communities and Conferencing looks toward the future of work and employee and customer experiences of the Digital Era enterprise. Evolving collaborative and social technologies power the new intelligent workspace that enable collaborative flows of work to improve products, productivity, customer and employee experiences, and customer value. They create a new generation of analytics that tie from ideation to customer outcome, especially where a Culture of Collaboration is promoted. This practice explicitly covers team collaboration applications (including messaging), enterprise community applications (enterprise social networks [ESNs]), video conferencing solutions, virtual events and webinars, public social networks, social media management solutions, and email.
Collaboration, Communities and Conferencing
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Team collaboration applications
- Enterprise community applications (ESNs)
- Conferencing applications
- Virtual events and webinars (digital events)
- Social media public networks and messaging
- Social media management solutions
- Email applications
- Enterprise cloud content collaboration (eC3)
- Worldwide Collaborative Applications Market Share and Forecast
- Enterprise Community Market Share and Forecast
- Team Collaboration Applications Market Share and Forecast Analysis
- Research: The Conversational, Collaborative Workforce
- Conferencing and Virtual Event Applications Market Share and Forecast
- The Rise of the Conversational Enterprise
- Best Practices: Collaboration
- Innovation Accelerators: Chatbots, AI, and the New Human Role
- Emerging Trends and Best Practices and KPIs
- Pertinent Market News and Key Vendor Updates
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How do communities, collaboration, social media, and messaging create new value to the enterprise — and how will it serve as an annuity of value?
- How can collaboration applications be optimized to drive productivity and new business?
- How is collaboration changing to meet workforce expectations?
- What are the new business priorities, and where do they lie?
- What are best practices in selecting and attaining collaborative adoption in an enterprise culture?
- How will the collaborative enterprise bridge internal, gated, and public community users to accelerate insights and revenue?
- How will virtual events and communities drive first-party data in an era of cookieless marketing?
- How will the emerging convergence of social and collaborative platforms change business models and drive customer experience and employee engagement?
- How will chatbots, AI, machine learning, and new user interfaces drive value and customer experience and help employees do more?
- How can vendors maximize sales growth in emerging and evolving applications markets?
- Where are enterprises realizing value from social and collaborative solutions — and what are the leaders doing?
- What are the new ways of measuring success in social platforms — and how do you translate it to real business value?
- How will organizations build application portfolios in the future to support shifting customer expectations of communications channels?
- What's new that I need to know about in social and collaboration?
AT&T Inc., Adobe Systems Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Apple Inc., Asana, Inc., Atlassian Pty Ltd., Aurea Software, Inc., Avaya Inc., BEVY LABS, INC., BIZZABO LTD, Box, Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Cision Ltd., Citrix Systems, Inc., Dropbox Inc., GoTo, Google LLC, HCL Technologies Limited, IBM, IGLOO Inc., Khoros LLC, Meltwater Group, Meta Platforms Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Miro SA, Mitel LLC, ON24 Inc., Oracle Corporation, PGI Inc., Poly, RingCentral, Inc., SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., Slack Technologies, Inc., Smartsheet Inc., Sprinklr Inc., Sprout Social, Inc., Symphony Limited, Tactivos Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Wrike Inc., Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd., Zoom Video Communications Inc., vFairs LLC