The IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Oil and Gas IT Strategies research advisory service provides insights into and analysis of the impact of information technology investments and business process initiatives on business performance in the upstream, midstream, and downstream sectors of the oil and gas industry. Studies will include digital transformation (DX), business strategy, best practices, technology selection, and vendor assessment.
IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Oil and Gas IT Strategies
IDC Energy Insights has a long history of working with leaders at oil and gas companies to reduce ICT planning, investment, and deployment risk. The IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Oil and Gas IT Strategies service develops unique analysis and comprehensive data through IDC Energy Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, oil and gas company professionals, and suppliers of IT hardware, software, and services to the industry. With decades of experience in the energy industry, our analysts leverage a broad spectrum of expertise and intellectual property from both IDC and IDC Energy Insights. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers and market leaders to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Digital transformation strategies and expected outcomes to help operators reduce costs and improve efficiencies
- Developing an executable vision for transforming oil field and plant operations into resilient operations based on innovative 3rd Platform technologies that easily integrate new accelerators such as natural interfaces, 3D printing, robotics, and other new capabilities to rapidly adopt to change
- Developing an integrated data management platform to generate intelligence and analytics about oil field, process, and infrastructure performance
- Optimizing operations efficiencies and oil and gas production
- Leveraging new approaches and technologies to improve productivity and performance
- Reducing the costs of capital projects, drilling, completion, production, operations, and maintenance
- Maintaining and strengthening security, safety, and environmental protection
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How can oil and gas companies manage vast amounts of data to derive value?
- How do you quickly adapt to change, improve performance, and reduce costs by leveraging innovative technologies and approaches such as analytics, integrated information platform, accelerators, and well life-cycle-aligned processes and workflows?
- How do emerging technologies such as big data and analytics, cloud, mobility, and social business apply to the oil and gas industry?
Who Should Subscribe
The IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Oil and Gas IT Strategies research advisory service is designed for the oil and gas industry — upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas companies; majors and supermajors; national oil companies; independent oil companies; and oil field services companies. Professionals responsible for ICT in the areas of strategy, budgeting, business architecture, and telecommunications and for business in the areas of exploration and production, midstream and downstream operations, and risk management will benefit from access to research and analyses provided through this service. Nonconventional resource entrepreneurs, communications vendors, traditional horizontal IT vendors, and industry-specific IT software and service vendors can also gain valuable insights from this research.