IDC's Infrastructure: Content and Cloud Native Applications service provides coverage of the developing technologies, use cases, and business models around file- and object-based storage solutions. Clients benefit from comprehensive views provided of the file- and object-based storage market including forecasts, ecosystems, competitive analysis, customer requirements, and technology assessments.
Infrastructure: Content and Cloud Native Applications
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- File-based storage solutions packaged as standalone software, storage systems, and hardware or software appliances
- Technology evolution of file and object-based storage solutions
- Vendors delivering scale-out file- and object-based solutions with focus on architectures, use cases, and supporting software
- The use of file-based storage in industries such as energy, biotech, media/entertainment, archive, and cloud
- User plans for file server consolidation and cloud-based NAS
- File- and object-based storage market (terabytes shipped and revenue)
- Analysis of cloud gateway providers
- File- and object-based storage taxonomy
- File- and object-based storage market forecast
- Vendor profiles, insights, and technology assessments
- Cloud gateway providers — NAS and IP SAN
- Survey-based reports on end-user technology adoption
- Competitive landscape and use cases
- Scale-out file-based storage IDC MarketScape
- Scale-out object-based storage IDC MarketScape
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the opportunity for file- and object-based storage solutions?
- Who are important and interesting providers of these storage solutions?
- What are the largest and fastest-growing use cases, applications, and workloads for file- and object-based storage?
- Who are major buyers of file- and object-based storage solutions, and what do they require in such solutions?
- What are the most important segments in the file- and object-based storage ecosystem?
Caringo, Inc., Cleversafe, Inc., DataDirect Networks, Inc., Dell EMC, Dell Inc., F5 Networks, Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Mezeo Software Corp, Microsoft Corporation, NASUNI CORPORATION, NEC Software, NetApp, Inc., Oracle Corporation, ParaScale, Qumulo, Inc, Red Hat, Inc., Riverbed Technology, Inc., SANBOLIC INC, SUSE, Scality, Inc., SwiftStack, Inc., Symantec Corporation, TwinStrata, Inc., VMware, Inc., Veritas Technologies LLC, Western Digital Corporation, quantum inc.