Cloud computing in Asia/Pacific is pivoting to the next stage where the demand is for multicloud and hybrid cloud deployment models as workload priorities move from simple back-end functions to core business processes. IDC survey indicates that 50% of enterprise IT budgets are committed to cloud architectures currently and is expected to increase over the next two years along with the adoption of hybrid cloud. This shift is expected to widely accelerate the pace of change in sourcing and deployment models as CIOs look to enhance IT operations. In essence, hybrid cloud is the raw material for digital transformation, and ability of the CIO's office to move to a hybrid architecture will determine the pace and depth of adoption of digital transformation projects and process enhancements.
Addressing these shifts, IDC's Asia/Pacific Cloud Services: Cloud Platforms research offers an overview of the market opportunity for cloud services, cloud software, and the related ecosystem that is developing in APEJ. Research will cover vendor profiles, an end-user survey, and a number of executive briefs to bring out the changes taking place in the market and will be of value also to ISVs and service providers seeking to understand the cloud market in the region.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Cloud ecosystems
- Industry cloud
- Workload migration to cloud
- DevOps and open source
- Vendor selection
- Service management
- Pricing models
- Cloud professional services
- End-user attitudes
- Channel partner engagement through channel maturity framework
- Leading and emerging SaaS and PaaS vendors for major industries
- The role of industry clouds in new business service delivery models
- Forecasts for PaaS and SaaS
- Cloud Services FutureScape — APEJ Implications
- Asia/Pacific Cloud MaturityScape
- Asia/Pacific Public Cloud Services (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) 2015–2020 Forecast
- Asia/Pacific Public Cloud Services Market Share
- Asia/Pacific Hybrid Cloud Forecast (2015–2020)
- Asia/Pacific IT Professional Services for Cloud 2015–2020 Forecast
- Asia/Pacific MarketScape for SaaS
- Asia/Pacific MarketScape for ERP Migration
- Channel Partner Requirements from Cloud Partners
- Asia/Pacific Cloud Services End-User Survey
- APEJ PaaS and SaaS Market Shares
- APEJ PaaS and SaaS Market Forecast
- Industry Cloud Opportunities
- ISV Partner Ecosystems
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is the adoption of cloud in Asia changing and maturing?
- Which are the key workloads being moved to a cloud deployment model?
- How big is the opportunity for cloud services?
- What are the key vendor selection criteria?
- What is IDC's view on changing technology landscape and its impact on cloud in Asia?
- How is the competitive environment evolving in Asia?
- What will be the impact of current and future legislation on cloud services use?
- What is the impact of changing commercial models for cloud revenue?
- Which are the leading providers of PaaS and SaaS in APEJ?
- What are the new models for distribution of cloud services?
- Which industries will industry clouds be winners as a new distribution platform for cloud services?
Cisco Systems, Inc.,
Computer Sciences Corporation,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,
Infor Global Solutions, Inc.,
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation,
Rackspace Hosting, Inc.,
Red Hat, Inc.,
Tech Mahindra Limited,