IDC's Cloud Services: Global Overview is a unique research service that provides a "rolled up" view of the entire opportunity for IT cloud service provision. It presents IDC's freshest thinking on the "complete" cloud services opportunity, including the implications of hybrid or "multicloud" deployments, industry clouds, and bringing cloud to the edge. It provides segmentation by region, technology segment, and vertical industry and provides a wide-angle complement to other IDC research programs that provide drilldown views of the impact of cloud in specific areas such as software (SaaS), infrastructure, and networks. This program analyzes how quickly cloud services are being adopted across customer segments and the organizational barriers to faster adoption. It also details key customer expectations about cloud benefits/concerns as well as forecasts how cloud will impact vendor business models and service offerings.
Cloud Services: Global Overview
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS cloud services markets
- Cloud user spending and partnering intentions
- Cloud services adoption and use cases
- Usage behaviors of public cloud services customers
- New business models for the implementation of cloud services including licensing, pricing, and delivery models as well as budgeting/governance implications for customers
- Changing the competitive landscape for ICT hardware, software, and service providers in a cloud-centric market
- Worldwide and Regional Public IT Cloud Services Forecast
- Worldwide and Regional Hosted Private Cloud Services Forecast
- Worldwide IT Infrastructure for the Cloud Forecast
- IDC MarketScape for worldwide IaaS
- Cloud Services Definitions and Taxonomy
- Cloud User Survey Findings and Analysis
- Vendor Strategy Briefs Driven by Events and Announcements
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the overarching IT cloud services opportunity?
- What are the emerging customer deployment models including private, virtual private, public, and multicloud?
- Which customer segments will quickly adopt cloud services and for which apps/workloads?
- What are the leading vendors providing in terms of cloud services, and how are vendor communities converging?
- How are customer usage patterns/preferences in leading public IaaS environments (e.g., AWS and Microsoft Azure) evolving?
- How is cloud investment affecting organizations' investments in traditional IT and legacy systems?
- How will cloud impact vendor business models and service offerings?
- What are the key benefits and challenges driving/inhibiting cloud services adoption?
- What new models are emerging for licensing/access to functionality?
AT&T Inc., Accenture plc, Adobe Systems Incorporated, Akamai Technologies, Inc., Amazon.com, Inc., Appirio Inc., BMC Software, Inc., BT Group plc, CA Technologies, Inc., CenturyLink Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Cloudera, Inc., Computer Sciences Corporation, Compuware Corporation, Concur Technologies, Inc., Dell EMC, Dell Inc., ENKI Consulting, Elastra Kattematerjali AS, FlexiScale, Fujitsu Limited, GoGrid, Google Inc., HP Inc., HYPERIC INC, Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Intuit Inc., Joyent, Inc., Juniper Networks, Inc., Kenexa Corporation, Keynote Systems, Inc., MEEZA, Microsoft Corporation, NetApp, Inc., NetSuite Inc., New Relic, Inc., Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, Novell, Inc., OpSource, Inc., Oracle Corporation, PIVOTAL CORPORATION, Parallels International GmbH, Platform Computing Inc, Rackspace US, Inc., Red Hat, Inc., Rightscale Inc., SAP SE, SOASTA, Inc., Salesforce.com, Inc., ServiceNow, Inc., Skytap, Inc., Symantec Corporation, TIBCO SOFTWARE N.V., UFIDA Healthcare Information System Co., Ltd., Unisys Corporation, VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Workday, Inc., Zetta, Inc., Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.