IDC Manufacturing Insights' Worldwide Manufacturing Product Life-Cycle Management IT Spending Guide is a semiannual analysis of the current and projected growth of product life-cycle management (PLM) software spending in the manufacturing industry. This global five-year outlook on spending by manufacturing companies provides IT vendors with a five-year outlook and key information needed to develop market strategies. This service offers a profile of the IT growth opportunity across four geographic regions and major discrete and process manufacturing subindustries.
IDC Manufacturing Insights' Worldwide Manufacturing Product Life-Cycle Management IT Spending Guide is developed and updated through IDC Manufacturing Insights' ongoing research, along with direct communication with industry experts, manufacturing company staff, and vendors. IDC Manufacturing Insights' Worldwide Manufacturing Product Life-Cycle Management IT Spending Guide is the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data on PLM in the manufacturing sector, providing a profile of IT spending across 5 PLM categories, 4 geographic regions, and 11 industry subsegments.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Geographic region (the United States, Asia/Pacific, Europe, and the rest of the world)
- PLM market (CAx, cPDM, manufacturing, NPD, and other engineering)
- Industry subsegments including aerospace and defense, automotive, base materials: chemicals, base materials: metals, base materials: pulp and paper, CPG, hi-tech: electronic components, hi-tech: equipment, hi-tech: other, other discrete manufacturing, and other process manufacturing
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the PLM software spending in the manufacturing industry?
- How is the PLM spending allocated by subindustry and by geographic region?
- What are the forecast changes in market size by subindustry and by geographic region?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- How are technology growth rates changing over time as markets mature?
- How can I validate assumptions about these technologies and customer segments?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Manufacturing Insights' Worldwide Manufacturing Product Life-Cycle Management IT Spending Guide service is ideally suited to address the needs of IT organizations looking to benchmark spending against industry averages.