IDC's Global Telecom Indicators service provides a proprietary database of revenue, financial, and operations indicators for fixed, mobile, and cable TV operators from January 2005 to the present by quarter. The service covers more than 507 fixed, mobile, and cable TV operating companies in 157 countries. Details provided include: revenue — fixed and mobile segmented by residential, small business, large business, and wholesale and by voice and data; operations — fixed access lines, fixed broadband connections, wireless connections, churn, ARPU, net adds, and MOU for prepaid and contract; and financials — capex, EBITDA, and operating income broken out by fixed and mobile. Global Telecom Indicators revenue and financial data are provided in local currency with conversion to U.S. dollars and euros for comparison purposes.
Global Telecom Indicators
This product covers the following segments of the global telecommunications market:
- Fixed access lines
- Fixed broadband connections
- Mobile voice and data markets
- Wholesale telecommunications markets
- Residential, small business, and enterprise markets for voice and data services
- Mobile churn, ARPU, net adds, and minutes of use
- GSM and CDMA technologies
- GTI that covers 3G revenue and subscribers, LTE subscribers, and pay TV revenue and subscribers
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Quarterly updates for all data points tracked
- Mergers, acquisitions, and divestiture activities
- Growth trends by geography, product, and market segments
- Capital spending trends and capital intensity ratios
- Analysis and rankings of CSP operating metrics
- Analysis of the biggest and fastest-growing carriers
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Who are the most successful operators based on revenue performance and growth?
- What are the fastest-growing regions and countries by telecommunications connections and revenue?
- What are the trends by country and region for wireless data services revenue size and growth?
- What are the most successful country markets for fixed broadband adoption and growth?
- What carriers spend the most on their networks, and what percentage of revenue is invested in the network?
- What carriers are the most profitable?
Worldwide Telecom Market: Historical Revenue Growth, 2006–2013 ($B)
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Global Telecom Indicators Dashboard
Quarterly deliverable of an Excel-based dashboard showing all historical and the latest quarter data with year-over-year and quarter-over-quarter growth rates. Intuitive user interface with drop-down menus to select periods, data, geography, carriers, and currency of most interest.
Global Telecom Indicators Presentation
Quarterly deliverable of PowerPoint-based presentations highlighting drivers of and barriers to growth, the most successful carriers, and the fastest-growing regions and countries. Analysis of causal factors such as pricing, exclusivity, mergers, investments, regulatory impacts, and user demand.
Top 10 Telecom Groups by 2014 Wireless Connections Growth
AT&T Inc., America Movil, S.A., Bharti Airtel Limited, CenturyLink Inc., China Mobile Limited, China Telecom Corporation Limited, City Telecom (H.K.) Limited, Cogeco Communications Inc., Comcast Corporation, Deutsche Telekom AG, Du, Elisa Oyj, Etisalat, Far EasTone Telecommunications Co., Ltd., Globe Group SA, Grupo Clarin, Jazztel PLC, KDDI Corporation, Latin Global Telecom, Liberty Global PLC, M1 Group Limited, MTN Group Limited, Maxis Berhad, Mobile TeleSystems OJSC, NII HOLDINGS, INC., NTT, Oi S.A., Ooredoo Q.S.C., Orange S.A., PT Bakrie Telecom Tbk, Perusahaan Perseroan (Persero) P.T. Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk, QTel, SaskTel International, Saudi Telecom Company, Softbank Group Corp., Sprint Corporation, StarHub Ltd., TIGO GmbH, TalkTalk Telecom Group PLC, Telefonica S.A., Telenor ASA, Verizon Communications, Inc., Vimple, Vodafone Group Plc, freenet AG