IDC's Canadian Smartphone Pricing database collects pricing data of smartphones by operating system and vendor at Bell, Rogers, and TELUS, as well as other national and regional carriers such as Fido, WIND Mobile, and MTS. This data goes as back as far as May 15, 2012. The data includes no-commitment pricing, three-year contract pricing, two-year contract pricing, one-year contract pricing, and tab-based pricing plans. The intent of this product is to relieve companies from having to track these price points themselves, providing companies with more time to analyze and make meaningful decisions from this insight.
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- No-commitment pricing for smartphones
- Smartphone pricing for a three-year agreement
- Smartphone pricing for a two-year agreement
- Smartphone pricing for a one-year agreement
- Pricing data available by vendor, model, operating system, and carrier
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the pricing trends of smartphones over time for specific vendors?
- How are different operating systems priced differently?
- How is one operating system priced differently at separate carriers?
- How does vendors' smartphone pricing differ from each other?
- How do a vendor's smartphone prices change for the same model at different carriers?
Throughout the year, this product can be delivered as frequently as once a week.