IDC's Small and Medium Business Markets: Mobility Strategies and Application Development is one of four research modules that supplement IDC's core SMB Program. It examines small and midsize business strategic planning, purchasing, implementation, and management of enterprise mobility software, devices, and solutions. Mobility management strategies are compared by company size and industry with attention paid to how SMBs implement mobile apps across their organizations. Hardware, application, and device management solution adoption are examined in detail including the impact on SMB IT infrastructures, bring your own device (BYOD), corporate-owned and corporate-liable devices, enterprise mobility management (EMM), and the role of industry application development (AppDev).
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- U.S. and worldwide enterprise mobility management software revenue estimates
- SMB BYOD policies versus corporate-liable device trends
- SMB mobile enterprise application usage
- SMB mobile app development and deployment strategies — line of business and IT department influence
- SMB market sizing for mobile content management and file sync and share services
- U.S. and Worldwide SMB Enterprise Mobility Management Revenue Forecast
- SMB Mobile Device Strategy and Company Policies by Company Size
- The Role of IT and LOB Stakeholders in Mobile Application Development and Deployment
- IDC MaturityScape: SMB Mobile Application Software
- IDC PlanScape: Midmarket App Mobilization Requirements
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What roles are mobile application and development playing in SMB IT initiatives?
- Which enterprise mobility applications are SMBs using, and for what tasks?
- How do SMBs compare with enterprises with AppDev initiatives and device strategies?
- How are SMBs using mobility to drive top-line business performance?
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.,
AXONN MEDIA LIMITED,
Barracuda Networks, Inc.,
Citrix Systems, Inc.,
Concur Technologies, Inc.,
GOOD TECHNOLOGY LIMITED,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,
LM Ericsson Telephone Company,
Trend Micro Incorporated,
Verizon Communications, Inc.