IDC's Security Products service offers market sizing and vendor share analysis for key segments within the worldwide security software, hardware, virtualization, and software-as-a-service (SaaS) markets. The service covers the following security markets: endpoint security (consumer and corporate), messaging, network, Web, security and vulnerability management (SVM), and identity and access management (IAM). In addition, we research cloud, mobile, social, Big Data, distributed denial of service (DDoS) defense, and threat intelligence. IDC focuses on providing tactical and strategic perspectives to improve a company's visibility in this dynamic market.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Cloud security gateways
- Mobile security
- Specialized threat analysis and protection (STAP)
- Identity and access management (IAM)
- Identity in the cloud
- Securing Internet of Things (IoT)
- Social networking security
- Security software as a service (SaaS)
- Next-generation security
- Threat intelligence
- Endpoint security
- Hybrid security solutions
- DDoS defense
- Federated IAM
- Regulatory compliance
- Security and vulnerability management (SVM)
- Customer purchasing strategies
- Security Products: Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analyses
- Total Worldwide Security Market (Software, Hardware, Virtualization, SaaS)
- Security Products: Security Technology Survey
- Security Products: Emerging Markets
- End-User Case Studies
- Vendor Profiles
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the market opportunity for SaaS, DDoS defense, and cloud security?
- What are the key requirements for STAP solutions that deal with advanced malware code and kill chains?
- Is security management the key to cost reduction, administrative efficiency, and greater security for heterogeneous environments?
- Which mature markets are collapsing into product features, and which immature markets promise high growth?
- How does security form the common foundation for cloud, mobile, social, and Big Data?
- In 2020, how will customers reconcile user experience against risk and cost?
Absolute Software Corporation, Alcatel-Lucent, Axway Inc., Barracuda Networks, Inc., Blue Coat Systems, Inc., CA Technologies, Inc., Check Point Software Technologies Ltd., Cisco Systems, Inc., DAMBALLA, INC., Dell EMC, ELLIOTT MANAGEMENT CORPORATION, ESET spol. s r.o., Entrust, Inc., F-Secure Oyj, F5 Networks, Inc., FireEye, Inc., Fortinet, Inc., Gemalto N.V., Google Inc., HP Inc., IBM, Imperva, Inc., Intel Corporation, Juniper Networks, Inc., Kaspersky Lab ZAO, LSI Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, NETFORENSICS.COM, INC., NetIQ Corporation, Oracle Corporation, PASSLOGIX INC, Palo Alto Networks, Inc., Proofpoint, Inc., Qualys Inc., Sophos Plc, Sourcefire, Inc., Symantec Corporation, Trend Micro Incorporated, Trustwave Holdings, Inc., VERICEPT CORP, VMware, Inc., Watchguard Technologies, Inc., Webroot Inc., Websense Inc, Zscaler Inc.