IDC Manufacturing Insights' Worldwide Manufacturing Supply Chain IT Spending Guide is a semiannual analysis of the current status and projected growth of supply chain spending in the manufacturing sector. This global five-year outlook on spending by manufacturing companies provides IT vendors with key information needed to develop effective market and product strategies. This service combines IDC's extensive technology forecasts with deep industry knowledge provided by IDC Manufacturing Insights analysts and ongoing primary research in the manufacturing industry.
IDC Manufacturing Insights' Worldwide Manufacturing Supply Chain IT Spending Guide is developed and updated through IDC Manufacturing Insights' ongoing research, along with direct communication with industry experts, manufacturing company staff, and vendors. IDC Manufacturing Insights' Worldwide Manufacturing Supply Chain IT Spending Guide is the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data on supply chain in the manufacturing sector, providing a profile of IT spending across 20 technologies, 4 geographic regions, and 11 industry subsegments.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Supply chain applications, including transportation management, inventory management/optimization, warehouse management, global trade management, production planning, demand planning, supply planning, and sales and operations planning.
- Regions covered, including the United States, Western Europe, Asia/Pacific, and the rest of the world.
- Industry subsegments, including aerospace and defense, automotive, base materials: chemicals, base materials: metals, base materials: pulp and paper, CPG, hi-tech: electronic components, hi-tech: equipment, hi-tech: other, other discrete manufacturing, and other process manufacturing.
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the size and growth of supply chain markets in manufacturing?
- What are the market differences by industry segment?
- What are the market differences by major geographic region?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- How are technology growth rates changing over time as markets mature?
- How can I validate assumptions about these technologies and customer segments?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Manufacturing Insights' Worldwide Manufacturing Supply Chain IT Spending Guide is ideally suited to address the needs of IT organizations looking to benchmark spending against industry and geographic averages. Technology providers will find this service valuable in gaining insight into the industry segments and geographies that represent the best opportunity for their products and services.