IDC's Hardcopy Industry Transformation provides strategic market guidance and insights for vendors responsible for driving innovation in their scan and print offerings and infrastructure solutions. This program is designed to examine new opportunities in output as it relates to transformative technologies including, but not limited to, cloud, mobility, social media, Big Data, and the Internet of Things (IoT). It also examines the anticipated paper-to-digital transformation with the increased use of scanning and workflow technologies. The scan and print markets will see significant changes to their practices and business models over the next few years as more organizations focus on the digital transformation of internal and external communications. This program is a requirement for print, scan, and print software vendors that are seeking to expand their potential beyond traditional document solutions revenue streams.
Hardcopy Industry Transformation
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Cloud, mobility, social media, and data analytics impact on traditional print and evolving document-intensive business processes
- End-user attitudes/adoption of print software, cloud, mobility, social media, and data analytics in document environments
- Transformation strategies
- Business communication technologies that complement print
- Print infrastructure and IoT
- Scan, workflow, and paper-to-digital technologies and services
- Device management, print management, and output management market analysis
- Mobile Technologies' (Smartphones and Tablets) Impact on Document-Intensive Business Processes
- Competitive Analysis of Vendors' Transformational Acquisitions
- Adoption/Growth of Print Security
- Big Data/Analytics' Impact on Print and Document Processing
- Cloud's Role in Document-Intensive Business Processes
- Scanner Market Sizing and Forecasts
- Document Solutions (Device, Print, and Output Management) Market Sizing and Forecasts
- Business Workflow Automation and Optimization Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How do printing equipment manufacturers and document solution providers reinvent themselves as part of the market's transition to emerging alternatives to traditional print?
- What opportunities are cloud, mobility, social media, IoT, and data analytics opening up for document solution providers?
- What tactics and strategies are vendors implementing to transform their businesses? Who is on the right path?
- How quickly is the market transitioning from paper to digital? How is scanning being utilized?
- How are complementary/adjacent business communications technologies being implemented into vendors' "traditional" product portfolios?
Broadcom Inc., Brother Industries, Ltd., Canon Inc., Eastman Kodak Company, HP Inc., KYOCERA Corporation, Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc., Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc., Lexmark International, Inc., NT-ware Systemprogrammierungs-Gmbh, Nuance Communications, Inc., Oki Data Corporation, OpenText Corporation, PaperCut Software International Pty Ltd., Pharos Systems International Inc., Ricoh Company, Ltd., Seiko Epson Corp., Sharp Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, Xerox Corporation, Y Soft Corp.
Meet the Experts
Research Manager, Hardcopy Industry Transformation Advisory Service
Program Vice President, Imaging, Printing & Document Solutions
Research Vice President, Imaging, Printing, and Document Solutions