IDC Manufacturing Insights' Worldwide Manufacturing IT Spending Guide provides a semiannual analysis of the current status and projected growth of information technology spending in the manufacturing sector. This global five-year outlook on spending by manufacturing companies provides IT vendors with key information needed to develop effective market strategies. This service combines IDC's extensive technology forecasts with deep industry knowledge provided by IDC Manufacturing Insights analysts and ongoing primary research in the industry.
IDC Manufacturing Insights' Worldwide Manufacturing IT Spending Guide is developed and updated through IDC Manufacturing Insights' ongoing primary and secondary research, along with direct communication with industry experts, manufacturing company staff, and vendors. IDC Manufacturing Insights' Worldwide Manufacturing IT Spending Guide is the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data on the manufacturing sector, providing a profile of IT spending across 20+ technologies, 4 geographic regions, and 11 industry subsegments.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Five-year IT spending forecasts
- Segmentation by region, including Asia/Pacific, Europe, North America, and the rest of the world
- Segmentation by technology category, including hardware, packaged software, and IT services, with many subsegments including key applications such as engineering and supply chain management
- Segmentation by industry subsegment (aerospace and defense, automotive, base materials: chemicals, base materials: metals, base materials: pulp and paper, CPG, hi-tech: electronic components, hi-tech: equipment, hi-tech: other, other discrete manufacturing, and other process manufacturing)
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total worldwide manufacturing IT opportunity?
- What are the growth rates in the various technology and customer segments of this market?
- How do geographical growth rates vary?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- How are technology growth rates changing over time as markets mature?
- How can I validate assumptions about these technologies and customer segments?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Manufacturing Insights' Worldwide Manufacturing IT Spending Guide is ideally suited to address the needs of IT organizations looking to benchmark spending against industry averages by technology category and/or by region.