IDC's Enabling Technologies: Cloud and Enterprise Infrastructure report series analyzes the vendors, technologies, and markets for enabling technologies being sold in server, storage, networking, and security systems that are the major components in the enterprise infrastructure and the datacenters of cloud service providers (Google, Facebook, Amazon, and more). The massive increase in IP data traffic over the next several years is expected to drive significant architectural shifts to enable scalability, flexibility, and security, which will impact the value chain of these systems — semiconductor providers, ODMs, and OEMs — and hence the purchase and adoption of semiconductors.
- Cloud Infrastructure Semiconductor Taxonomy
- Worldwide Communications Processor Forecast for Cloud Infrastructure 2017–2021
- Market Analysis with Competitive Analysis on Communications Processors Being Sold into Cloud Infrastructure
- Worldwide DRAM Demand and Supply Update
- Worldwide NAND Flash Demand and Supply Update
- Cloud Services Vendor Infrastructure Technology Assessment: Computing, Networking, Storage, and Security
- Worldwide Enterprise/Datacenter Microprocessor Vendor Shipment Detail (Quarterly)
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.