IDC's Small and Medium Business Markets: Cloud Adoption for Applications, Analytics and Digital Transformation is one of four research modules in IDC's SMB program. It details the SMB customer transition from traditional on-premise IT infrastructure to SaaS and cloud-based infrastructure at the LOB level to strategic cloud engagement using a fully hosted or hybrid cloud model across the organization. An effective complement to the mobility strategies and application development module, this research examines customer progress through the lens of how cloud-based storage, server, and software capabilities digitally transform SMB operations.
SaaS deployments are also examined along with security (cloud, app, and network), and analytics (business intelligence tools and cognitive apps). Other topics include in-depth analysis of changing application usage across endpoints, evolving vendor, partner, and go-to-market strategies by SMB size categories.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- SaaS adoption by category and by company size
- Business process transformation via cloud infrastructure and app implementation, resulting in digital transformation
- On-premise SMB software implementation migration to hosted environments
- The role of IaaS in SaaS and application development and deployment for midmarket customers
- How analytics tools and cognitive capabilities are driving digital transformation
- SMB Cloud Versus On-Premise Software Deployment Trends
- SMB Public Cloud Spending Forecast by SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS
- SMB Enterprise File Sync and Share and Collaboration Trends
- SMB Cloud Adoption by Industry
- SMB Cloud Adoption by Attitude Cluster
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How quickly are SMB user segments adopting core business cloud applications like CRM and ERP? How does this drive digital transformation and create long-term organizational value?
- How is the adoption of Microsoft Office 365 reshaping the SMB IT landscape?
- What cloud storage and file sharing services have greatest SMB appeal?
- What key cloud-related go-to-market messaging resonates with SMBs?
- How can vendors and partners encourage deeper adoption of SaaS in support of digital transformation?
Barracuda Networks, Inc.,
Citrix Systems, Inc.,
Computer Sciences Corporation,
Concur Technologies, Inc.,
Constant Contact, Inc.,
SAS Institute Inc.,
Seagate Technology LLC,
The Sage Group plc,
Trend Micro Incorporated,
Veeam Software AG,