IDC's India Quarterly City-Level Server Tracker® product tracks the Indian x86 server market's unit shipments through channel partners among 26+ cities in India. The scope includes city-level "market size and sentiment" information segmented by vendor, vertical, socket level, and channel. This product provides broad and deep quantitative and qualitative analysis of the server market, enabling vendors to monitor market shares, trends, and competitive insights.
This tracker provides total market size in terms of units, vendor, and vertical share as well as socket- and channel-level analysis of servers shipped, by technology areas and additional segmentations. Measurement for this tracker is in unit shipments.
- Regions: North, South, East, and West
- Cities: 26 Indian cities in total
- Vertical markets: 10 major verticals
- Channel type: Direct, SI, and tier 2 and 3
- Socket type: 1S, 2S, >2S
- Vendor shares
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via a web-based interface for downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
IDC's Tracker Methodology
IDC's tracker data is developed using a rigorous methodology that includes well-planned and well-coordinated local, regional, and worldwide data cross-checks combined with a proprietary advanced data consolidation and analysis data platform managed by IDC's Worldwide Tracker organization. Data sources used in the process of determining IDC's tracker numbers include, but are not limited to:
- In-country local vendor interviews
- Distribution data feeds
- Worldwide and regional vendor guidance
- ODM data
- In-country local channel partner discussions
- Feedback from component suppliers
- Vendor briefings and public financial reports