IDC's India Quarterly City-Level Storage Tracker® product tracks the Indian external storage market capacity shipments through channel partners among 26+ cities in India. The scope includes city-level "market size and sentiment" information segmented by major vendor, vertical, and installation type. This product provides broad and deep quantitative and qualitative analysis of the storage market, enabling vendors to monitor market shares, trends, and competitive insights for the given cities.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this tracker is in storage capacity shipped.
- Regions: North, South, East, and West
- Cities: 26 Indian cities in total
- Vertical markets: 10 major verticals
- Channel type: Direct, SI, and tier 2 and tier 3
- Installation type: SAN, NAS, and unified
- Vendor shares
- India (1)
- East: Kolkata, Bhubaneswar, Jamshedpur, and Patna
- North: Delhi NCR, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Ludhiana, and Kanpur
- South: Bangalore, Chennai, Kochi, Hyderabad, Vizag, Coimbatore, Calicut, and Vijayawada
- West: Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Indore, Pune, and Nasik
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via a web-based interface for downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
IDC's Tracker Methodology
IDC's tracker data is developed using a rigorous methodology that includes well-planned and well-coordinated local, regional, and worldwide data cross-checks combined with a proprietary advanced data consolidation and analysis data platform managed by IDC's Worldwide Tracker organization. Data sources used in the process of determining IDC's tracker numbers include, but are not limited to:
- In-country local vendor interviews
- Distribution data feeds
- Worldwide and regional vendor guidance
- ODM data
- In-country local channel partner discussions
- Feedback from component suppliers
- Vendor briefings and public financial reports