Digital transformation and the shift to digital business require companies to improve their back-office and front-office business processes — including content-centric business processes. IDC's Content Workflow Transformation service examines the fundamental redesign of content-centric business workflows enabled by digitization and the application of 3rd Platform technologies. Driven by the ongoing shift from printed output to digital alternatives, new opportunities for document automation and optimization are fueling growth for technology providers that enable this market. This program complements IDC's Enterprise Content Management research program.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Pain points related to content-centric workflows
- Content workflow optimization use cases
- Technologies that comprise the content-intensive workflow ecosystem including analytics, content management, BPM/workflow, enterprise capture, document automation, electronic and digital signatures, and e-forms
- Customer communications management
- Content workflow maturity
- Worldwide Capture Software Forecast
- IDC MaturityScape: Digital Transformation of Content-Centric Workflow
- IDC MaturityScape: Customer Communication Management
- Customer Communications IDC PeerScape
- Content-Centric Workflow Process Framework
- Content-Centric Workflow IDC TechScape
- Market Analysis Perspective: Content-Centric Workflow
- Survey Research Addressing Content-Centric Workflow Automation and Optimization Challenges and Benefits
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the various technologies that are being used to digitize, automate, and optimize content-centric workflows?
- Which content-centric workflows are most being targeted for optimization by use case?
- What are the pain points and other factors driving the automation and optimization of content-centric workflows?
- How is the role of information capture changing? What impact will tablets, smartphones, and eforms have on traditional capture solutions and optimized content-centric workflows?
- What are the most compelling benefits gained by optimizing content-centric business workflows?
- How will growing interest in cognitive solutions influence demand for digitizing and optimizing content?
Adobe Systems Incorporated,
Alfresco Software, Inc.,
Brother Industries, Ltd.,
Hyland Software, Inc.,
Iron Mountain Incorporated,
Kodak Alaris Holdings Limited,
Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc.,
Nintex Group Pty Ltd,
Nuance Communications, Inc.,
Ricoh Company, Ltd.,
Top Image Systems, Ltd.,