Digital transformation and the shift to digital business require companies to improve their back-office and front-office business processes including content-centric business processes. IDC's Content Workflow Transformation service examines the fundamental redesign of content-centric business workflows enabled by digitization and the application of 3rd Platform technologies. Driven by the ongoing shift from printed output to digital alternatives, new opportunities for automation and optimization are fueling growth for technology providers that enable this market. This program complements IDC's Enterprise Content Strategies research program.
Content Workflow Transformation
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Pain points related to content-centric workflows
- Technologies that comprise the content-centric workflow ecosystem including analytics, content management, task and process automation, enterprise capture, document automation, electronic signatures, and e-forms
- Customer communications management
- Content workflow maturity
- Content workflow transformation use cases
- Worldwide Enterprise Capture Software Forecast
- Enterprise Capture Software Market Share
- IDC MaturityScape: Content-Centric Workflow Transformation
- IDC MaturityScape: Customer Communication Management
- Content-Centric Workflow Process Framework
- Market Analysis Perspective: Content-Centric Workflow
- Survey Research Addressing Content-Centric Workflow Automation and Optimization Use Cases, Challenges, and Benefits
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the various technologies that are being used to digitize, automate, and optimize content-centric workflows?
- Which content-centric workflows are being most targeted for optimization by use cases?
- What are the pain points and other factors driving the automation and optimization of content-centric workflows?
- How is the role of information capture changing? What impact will analytics, machine learning, and other AI technologies have on traditional capture solutions and optimized content-centric workflows?
- What are the most compelling benefits gained by transforming content-centric business workflows?
ABBYY, Adobe Systems Inc., Alfresco Software, Inc., Automation Anywhere, Inc., Blue Prism Group plc, Box, Inc., Brother Industries, Ltd., Canon Inc., DocuSign, Inc., Ephesoft Inc., HP Inc., Hyland Software, Inc., IBM, Iron Mountain Incorporated, KYOCERA Corporation, Kodak Alaris Inc., Kofax Inc., Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc., Laserfiche Corp, Microsoft Corporation, Nintex Group Pty Ltd, Nuance Communications, Inc., OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Quadient, Ricoh Company, Ltd., Top Image Systems, Ltd., UiPath Inc., Xerox Corporation