IDC's Wearables research analyzes the market for wearable computing solutions. This includes examining developments in hardware and software as well as analyzing developing consumer and enterprise user needs and tastes. As the market evolves, so do the opportunities for numerous players in the ecosystem: application developers, IT and telecom companies, and OEMs, as well as nontraditional IT companies like fashion and apparel companies and textile manufacturers. Those investing in this segment and seeking to understand the user and product segments, near-term versus long-term opportunities, and applications and business models will gain critical insights into this growing market. IDC's Wearables research leverages its relationships with nascent and established wearables companies to provide an accurate snapshot of the wearables market and capture developing opinions and insights. We leverage our expertise in mobility, consumer research, and semiconductor research to provide a holistic view of the market that includes reports on the latest market shares, forecasts, developing news on the product releases, and consumer- and enterprise-oriented surveys.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Consumer attitudes toward wearables and drivers and inhibitions of adoption of applications
- Shipments, revenue, and value of consumer wearables
- Opportunities and challenges for wearables within the enterprise
- Impact of cellular-connected wearable devices for consumers and enterprise users
- Evolution of embedded technologies and designs and their potential impact on future applications and segments of wearable technologies
- Key technology enablers of the wearables market
- How IT buyers can navigate the wearables market
- Forecast for wearables covering worldwide and the United States for consumers and enterprise users
- Worldwide Wearables Forecast, 2018–2022
- U.S. Wearables Forecast, 2018–2022
- Worldwide Wearables Application Forecast, 2018–2022
- Worldwide Wearables Market Shares, 2017
- U.S. Wearables Market Shares, 2017
- New Wearable Device Releases from CES, MWC, and Baselworld
- Survey: Wearables in the Enterprise
- Survey: Consumer Attitudes Toward Wearables
- The Opportunity for Cellular-Connected Wearables
- Navigating the Wearables Market for IT Buyers
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key drivers and inhibitors to the wearables market from a consumer perspective?
- What opportunities lay ahead for wearables in the enterprise, and which verticals are best poised to leverage wearables? What challenges — both short term and long term — must wearables overcome?
- How will the major platforms influence the wearables market? What opportunities will there be for the proprietary platforms?
- How do wearables products evolve, and what will be the key enabling technologies that drive their growth?
- How do applications for wearables evolve?
- How do 3rd Platform technologies change the wearables game?
- How does the wearables market shift from being endpoints to integrated parts of a larger system for consumers and enterprise users?
ASUSTeK Computer Inc., AT&T Inc., Amazfit, Apple Inc., BRAGI GmbH, Bellabeat, Inc., Bose Corporation, Casio Computer Co., Ltd., Deutsche Telekom AG, Fitbit Inc. / Fitbit, Inc., Fossil Group, Inc., Garmin Ltd., Google Inc., HEALBE CORPORATION, HUAMI, INC., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Intel Corporation, KOPIN CORPORATION, LG Corp., LumoFit, MAD Apparel, Inc., MIO S.A., Martian Watches, MediaTek Inc., Misfit Wearables Corp., Mobvoi Inc., Movado Group Inc., Nokia Corporation, OMSignal Inc., OWLET BABY CARE INC., Pebble Technology Corp., QUALCOMM Inc., Samsung, Seiko Epson Corp., Sensoria Inc., Sony Corporation, TAG Heuer International S.A., Timex Corporation, TomTom N.V., Toshiba Corporation, Under Armour, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Xiaomi Inc., ZTE Corporation, adidas AG, runtastic GmbH