Digitalization, enabled and fueled by 3rd Platform technologies (cloud, mobility, Big Data, and social business) and innovation accelerators (Internet of Things, next-generation security, virtual reality, cognitive systems, robotics, and 3D printing), reshape the ICT industry across all verticals and geographies. The network and related services become key in ensuring business success in the digital age. IDC's European Enterprise Networks and Life-Cycle Services research analyzes the dynamics of the network equipment and life-cycle services market, and provides strategic advice for vendors and solution providers on how to monetize opportunities.
European Enterprise Networks and Life-Cycle Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Enterprise networking equipment including LAN switches (Fast Ethernet/Gigabit Ethernet/10 Gigabit Ethernet, Layer 2/3/4–7, modular, fixed managed, and fixed unmanaged), routers (residential, SOHO, low-end, midrange, high-end) IP telephony and videoconferencing
- European network life-cycle services (NLS): consulting and integration, outsourcing (managed), support and training
- Trends around SDN, SD-WAN, and network virtualization and the impact on enterprise network and related services
- Network and service requirements today and in 2025
- The link between IoT, Big Data and next generation networks, and network transformation
- European Network Equipment Forecast, 2018–2023
- European Datacenter Network Infrastructure Forecast, 2018–2023
- European IP Telephony and Videoconferencing Forecast, 2018–2023
- European Network Life-Cycle Services Forecast, 2018–2023
- SWOT Analyses of Key Network Life-Cycle Services Players
- IoT, Networks and Network Managed Services
- Cloud Managed Networking and the Impact of Automation
- Network Virtualization and the Impact on Networks and Managed Services
- Networking in 2025: Trends, Adoption, Winners in a World Shaped by SDN, IoT, Cloud and Big Data.
- European Enterprise Communications Survey results, 2019 reflecting Real-Time Networking Needs of Enterprises in Europe
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which enterprise infrastructure and life-cycle services do enterprises use today and what are their future requirements?
- How can players in this market ensure that they stay relevant in the cloud/virtualization era and be profitable?
- What is the market size and forecast of the specific network infrastructure categories, including in the datacenter?
- What is the impact of software-defined networking and IoT on the NLS market?
- What is the impact of access network virtualization on networks and related services?
- Who are the key players and how do they stack up?
ADTRAN, Inc., AT&T Inc., Accenture plc, Aerohive Networks, Inc., Alcatel-Lucent, Atos S.A., Avaya Inc., BT Group plc, Belkin International, Inc., Buffalo Inc., Capgemini S.A., Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Computer Sciences Corporation, D-Link Corporation, Dell Inc., Deloitte LLP, Ericsson, Extreme Networks, Inc., F-5, Fujitsu Limited, HCL, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Juniper Networks, Inc., Logicalis Group Limited, Meru Networks, Inc., Mitel LLC, NETGEAR, Inc., NTT, OneAccess Networks SA, Orange S.A., Polycom, Inc., Proximus PLC, Riverbed Technology, Inc., Ruckus Networks, ShoreTel, Inc., Swisscom AG, TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd., Technicolor S.A., Telecom Italia SpA, Telefonica S.A., Unify Inc., VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, Wipro Limited, ZyXEL Communications Inc.
Meet the Experts
Vice President, European Infrastructure and Communications
Senior Research Analyst, EMEA Telecoms and Networking
Program Manager, Telecoms Netw., CEE
Research Manager, EMEA Enterprise Networks and Life-Cycle services
Senior Research Analyst, European Telecommunications and Networking