IDC's European Networking and Life-Cycle Services research analyzes the dynamics of the network equipment and life-cycle services market, and provides strategic advice for vendors and solution providers on how to monetize opportunities. It delivers reliable in-depth market data and forecasts in Europe on the enterprise and telco segments. It also analyses enterprise and telco requirements in wireline and wireless technologies (5G, WiFi6, fiber optic, network cloudification…), business models with a focus on managed services and consumption-based contracts, and professional services.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Enterprise networking equipment including LAN switches (Fast Ethernet/Gigabit Ethernet/10 Gigabit Ethernet, Layer 2/3/4-7, modular, fixed managed, and fixed unmanaged), WLAN, datacenter networking equipment and routers (residential, SOHO, low-end, midrange, high-end), SD-WAN infrastructure
- Telco networking equipment: routers and switches, wireless equipment, fixed access, optical network
- European network life-cycle services (NLS): consulting and integration, outsourcing (managed), support and maintenance
- Trends around SDN, 5G and fiber optic, SD-WAN, and network virtualization and the impact on enterprise and telco network and related services
- The influence that key technology trends like multicloud, IoT and AI will have on networks
- European network equipment forecast, 2022-2026
- European datacenter network infrastructure forecast, 2022-2026
- European SD-WAN infrastructure market shares
- European network consulting and integration services forecast, 2022-2026
- European NFV forecast, 2022-2026
- Network as a Service opportunities in Europe
- 5G CSP Spending 2022-2026
- European Enterprise Communications Survey results, 2022
- RAN evolution and ORAN
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which infrastructure and life-cycle services do enterprises and telcos use today and what are their future requirements?
- How can players in this market ensure that they stay relevant in the cloud/virtualization era and be profitable?
- What is the market size and forecast of the specific network infrastructure categories, including in the datacenter?
- What is the impact of software-defined networking, cloud managed networking, Network as a Service models on the NLS and infrastructure market?
- What is the impact of network virtualization and network disaggregation on networking infrastructure and related services?
- Who are the key players and how do they stack up?