IDC's Asia/Pacific Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends service examines the rapidly evolving Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem and industry, including the evolution from machine-to-machine (M2M) to IoT solutions in Asia/Pacific. In addition, IDC reviews the impact IoT has on various industry vertical, including manufacturing and healthcare, and the new business models that will emerge – the key topic areas that are growing in importance in Asia, including Smart Cities and consumer wearables. The Asia/Pacific Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends target audience is vendors across the IoT ecosystem, including device/module manufacturers, service providers, application developers, security vendors, analytics vendors, and systems integrators.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Internet of Things ecosystem analysis, including vendor analysis
- Emerging and future IoT business models
- Impact of consumer wearables on enterprise IoT solutions
- Maturity of IoT/M2M solutions in various regions
- IoT use cases for enterprise, government, and consumer solutions
- Industrial IoT, consumer wearables, Smart Cities, and Smart Homes
- IoT market forecasts by region, country, industry, use case, and technology stack.
- Impact of new network technology, including 5G, LTE-M, and Low Power Wide Area Networks will have on service providers
- IoT Technologies:
- Low Power Wide Area Networks, including LoRa, Sigfox, and NB-IoT
- IoT and Analytics at the Edge
- IoT Security
- IoT Platforms
- IDC’s 3rd Annual Global IoT Survey
- IoT Solutions:
- Smart Cities
- Wearables in the Enterprise
- Organizational Impact of IoT:
- IT/OT Convergence
- IoT Driving Digital Transformation
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which countries/verticals/use cases will see the greatest growth and impact from IoT/M2M solutions?
- What are the emerging trends in the Asia/Pacific IoT industry?
- What is the level of IoT maturity of the APEJ countries?
- What impact will consumer IoT solutions (e.g., wearables and Smart Homes) have on the enterprise market?
- What roles leading ICT vendors play in the expanding IoT ecosystem?
- What are the drivers and inhibitors of Smart Cities in Asia/Pacific?
- What are the emerging disruptive business models?
- What is the organizational impact of deploying IoT solutions?
- What technical, operational, and strategic skills are required to design, build, deploy, and support IoT solutions?
Axiata Group Berhad,
BT Group plc,
China Mobile Limited,
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd,
Cisco Systems, Inc.,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.,
Robert Bosch GmbH,
SINGAPORE POWER LIMITED,
SK Holdings Co., Ltd. ,
Singapore Telecommunications Limited,
THINXTRA PTY. LTD.,
Tech Mahindra Limited,
Telekom Malaysia Berhad,
Telstra Corporation Limited,
Vodafone Group Plc,