IDC's European Union Public Sector Deals Database reveals the overall pattern and in-depth detail of external public-sector spending. Covering 28 EU countries and containing more than 700,000 IT and non-IT contracts dating back to 2008, it helps suppliers to the public sector understand demand, track the competition, and identify the potential public-sector wallet for any given market. It creates a foundation for naming prospects, setting targets, establishing strategies, and determining which suppliers are likely to provide the strongest competition in any given call for tenders. IDC's European Union Public Sector Deals Database is one of the largest and richest sources of tender information in the world — an invaluable tool for anyone working in the public sphere.
European Union Public Sector Deals Database
The database covers tender proceedings in 28 EU member states across markets and technology segments connected to the public sector:
- Information technology: PCs and servers, networking equipment, printers, monitors, software, services, and datacenters
- Telecommunications: internet and VPN, telephony, and conferencing
- Infrastructure: roads, bridges, buildings, grids, heat, and water
- Transportation: underground, rail, bus, and school transport
- Resource extraction: wood/forestry, mining, quarrying, and oil & gas
- Building/Office hardware: furniture, carpets, and appliances
- Specialty hardware and services: gurneys, medical devices, auto parts, metering, signs, cameras, etc.
- Administration services: payroll, HR, tax/accounting, and file management
- Internal services: catering, cleaning, maintenance/repair, training, renovation, design, and security
- External services: legal, advertising, printing, banking/finance, social, fleet management, and service centers
- Specialty areas: museums, healthcare, medical, defense, law enforcement, education, and utilities
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- IT spending in state and publicly owned organizations
- General spending in state and publicly owned organizations
- Public tender proceedings: number, bids, wins, and coalitions
- The winners of the largest contracts and the most contracts by city and country
- Largest contracting authorities by city and country
- The value of the tenders market by city, country, and region
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses issues that are critical to your success, such as:
- How much does any given public-sector entity in the EU spend via tendered contracts in any given year?
- Which public-sector agencies in the EU spend the most?
- On what are public-sector entities spending?
- Which suppliers have won the greatest number of contracts, and what is their value?
- How can I set my revenue targets at the country, sector, and entity levels?
Number of Contracts in European Union Countries in 2017
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer market intelligence critical for exploring opportunities in the public sector and for success in tenders:
Final historical deals database
Delivered quarterly (March, June, September, and December)
Respond to Today's Dynamic Market
Accenture plc, Aktiebolaget Volvo, Allianz SE, Asseco Group, Boston Scientific Corp., Carl Zeiss AG, Comarch SA, Dalkia NV SA, Dussmann Group, Elsevier B.V., Farmacol S.A., Fujitsu Limited, General Electric Company, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, KPMG International, MAN Truck & Bus AG, Oracle Corporation, PKN ORLEN SA, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Roche Holding Ltd, Royal Philips N.V., SAP SE, Sanofi S.A., Siemens AG, Sygnity SA, T-Systems International GmbH, Telefonica S.A., UniCredit S.p.A., Veolia Environnement S.A., Vodafone Group Plc, Volkswagen Group