IDC's Canadian IT Software Market Forecaster complements our subscription research services, which aims to keep clients abreast of the latest technology and segmentation trends and opportunities. IDC's multidimensional research provides executives with insights into industry trends, strategic planners with unparalleled detail in sizing critical market segments, and sales and marketing organizations with tactical insights into new market opportunities. IDC's Canadian IT Software Market Forecaster is delivered in a pivot table so customers can evaluate and analyze market data across multiple dimensions. This flexible and dynamic tool allows clients to identify market opportunities and effectively position their products. The tool provides five-year end-user spending forecasts for 18 software markets segmented by industry, region, and company size, as well as historical data for one year. IDC offers the most granular multidimensional view of the Canadian IT and telecom markets with our market forecaster tools, with segmentation by industry, region, and size across the hardware, software, IT services, and telecom markets.
Why Use Canadian IT Software Market Forecaster Data?
Because you need trusted, unbiased market data to make the right decisions. Whether you are currently competing in one or multiple software markets, evaluating entry into a new software market or region, or making an investment decision, data from IDC's Canadian IT Software Market Forecaster can help you.
IDC's Canadian IT Software Market Forecaster contains Canadian data for all of IDC's secondary software markets. It includes:
- Forecasts and historical data for all 18 IDC's software markets
- Complements IDC's existing research programs and includes all forecasts, not just those covered in detail in the CIS programs
- Access to regular forecast updates based on IDC's latest research
- End-user spending data segmented by 18 industries, 6 regions, and 10 company size segments
Our research enables you to make decisions that are critical to your success:
- Measure historical performance across multiple markets and segments.
- Develop business plans with quantitative data on market sizes and forecasts.
- Set goals or quotas based on market sizes, growth, or share.
- Reduce time spent doing research when building sizing, forecasts, and business plans.
- Align market sizes to your addressable market (by software market, region, size, and industry).
- Determine which segments offer the best opportunity for growth.
Canadian IT Software Market Forecaster Product Snapshot
Canadian IT Software Market Forecaster: Segmentation
Software markets segments:
- Application development software
- Application platforms
- Data access, analysis, and delivery
- Integration and orchestration middleware
- Quality and life-cycle tools
- Structured data management software
- Collaborative applications
- Content applications
- Customer relationship management (CRM) applications
- Engineering applications
- Enterprise resource management (ERM) applications
- Operations and manufacturing applications
- Supply chain management (SCM) applications
- Network software
- Security software
- Storage software
- System management software
- System software
Company size segments:
- 1–4 employees
- 5–9 employees
- 10–19 employees
- 20–49 employees
- 50–99 employees
- 100–199 employees
- 200–499 employees
- 500–999 employees
- 1,000+ employees
- Atlantic (NS, NB, PEI, NFLD)
- Quebec (QC, NVT)
- Ontario (ON)
- Manitoba/Saskatchewan (MB, SK)
- Alberta (AB)
- British Columbia (BC, YK, NWT)
- Discrete manufacturing
- Process manufacturing
- Communications and media
- Wholesale and distribution
- Financial markets
- Business services
- Federal government
- Provincial and local government
Canadian IT Software Market Forecaster subscribers receive two updates to IDC's software market forecaster data. Pivot tables are delivered via email and the Canadian IT Software Market Forecaster offers additional market forecasts and history not covered in published IDC software research documents.
Semiannual updates: April and September