Type intro IDC's Canadian Security Market Forecaster complements our subscription research services, which aims to keep clients abreast of the latest technology and segmentation trends and opportunities. IDC's multidimensional research provides executives insights into industry trends, strategic planners with unparalleled detail in sizing critical market segments, and sales and marketing organizations' tactical insights into new market opportunities. IDC's Canadian Security Market Forecaster is delivered in a pivot table so that customers can evaluate and analyze market data across multiple dimensions. This flexible and dynamic tool allows clients to identify market opportunities and effectively position their products. The tool provides five-year end-user spending forecasts for six security markets segmented by industry, region, and company size, as well as historical data for one year. IDC offers the most granular multidimensional view of the Canadian IT and telecom markets with our market forecaster tools, with segmentation by industry, region, and size across the hardware, software, IT services, and telecom markets.
Canadian Security Market Forecaster
This product covers the following segments of the Security market:
- Security markets segments: Security consulting, Security implementation, Security training and support, Managed security services, Security appliances, Security software
- Company size segments: 1–4 employees, 5–9 employees, 10–19 employees, 20–49 employees, 50–99 employees, 100–199 employees, 200–499 employees, 500–999 employees, 1,000+ employees, Consumer/home
- Regional segments: Atlantic (NS, NB, PEI, NFLD), Quebec (QC, NVT), Ontario (ON), Manitoba/Saskatchewan (MB, SK), Alberta (AB), British Columbia (BC, YK, NWT)
- Industry segments: Primary, Discrete manufacturing, Process manufacturing, Construction, Transportation, Communications and media, Utilities, Wholesale and distribution, Retail, Banking, Insurance, Financial markets, Business services, Federal government, Provincial and local government, Education, Health
IDC's Canadian Security Market Forecaster contains Canadian data for all of IDC's security markets. It includes:
- Forecasts and historical data for all 6 of IDC's security markets
- Complements IDC's existing research programs and includes all forecasts, not just those covered in detail in the CIS programs
- Access to regular forecast updates based on IDC's latest research
- End-user spending data segmented by 17 industries, 6 regions, and 10 size segments
IDC's Canadian Security Market Forecaster subscribers receive four updates to IDC's security market forecast data and one update to historical vendor share information. Delivered via email, the Canadian Security Market Forecaster offers additional market forecasts and history not covered in published IDC security research documents:
- Semiannual updates: April and September
Key Product Applications
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Measure historical performance across multiple markets and segments.
- Develop business plans with quantitative data on market sizes and forecasts.
- Set goals or quotas based on market sizes, growth, or share.
- Reduce time spent doing research when building sizing, forecasts, and business plans.
- Align market sizes to your addressable market (by security market, region, size, and industry).
- Determine which segments offer the best opportunity for growth.