The Internet of Things (IoT) market is poised for exponential growth over the next several years. However, the IoT ecosystem is a complex segment with multiple layers and hundreds of players, including device and module manufacturers, communication service providers (CSPs), IoT platform players, applications, analytics and security software vendors, and professional services providers. IDC's Canadian Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends service analyzes the regionally specific growth of this market from the autonomously connected units in the enterprise world to the applications and services that will demonstrate the power of a world of connected "things."
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Market size and forecast for the Canadian IoT market
- Canadian IoT revenue forecast by industry
- Canadian IoT revenue forecast by use cases
- Taxonomy of the IoT ecosystem: How is the market organized, and what are the key segments and technologies?
- Canadian-specific demand-side data from various segments (e.g., IT and LOB)
- Analysis of Canadian-specific vendor readiness and go-to-market strategies for IoT
- Vertical use cases/case studies of IoT
- Taxonomy of the IoT Ecosystem
- Forecast for the Canadian IoT Market by Industry
- Forecast for the Canadian IoT Market by Use Cases
- Profiles of Canadian Vendors Leading IoT Evolution
- Case Studies of Successful Canadian IoT Implementations
- Canadian Internet of Things Decision-Maker Survey
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the size of and forecast for the Canadian markets for the Internet of Things?
- What verticals will lead the IoT movement?
- What use cases will lead the IoT ecosystem?
- What are the key operational challenges facing mobile operators and IoT solutions vendors in deploying and monitoring connected "things"?
- What are IoT solution best practices?
CGI Group Inc.,
Cisco Systems, Inc.,
Rogers Communications Inc.,
Sierra Wireless, Inc.,