IDC's Worldwide Digital Advertising Market Model (DAMM) provides data on the quarterly spending on internet advertising in 51 countries, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Japan, and China. It reports advertising spending by geography, industry vertical, and medium and, in digital, by advertising format (mobile and desktop search, display, video, and other) and further breakouts (mobile platform, mobile device, and social). A five-year forecast complements the data set. All numbers are at a quarterly resolution. IDC's internet advertising is the only product in the market tracking worldwide internet advertising comprehensively. As such, it is an indispensable tool for publishers, ad tech vendors, ad agencies, and brands to develop their corporate strategy and product plans and for sales forecasting and planning. This product includes a separate programmatic advertising forecast pivot table.
Worldwide Digital Advertising Market Model
This product covers the following segments of the Worldwide Digital Advertising Market Model market:
- Quarterly internet advertising in 51 countries including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Russia, Japan, China, India, and Brazil
- Spending by advertising format: Mobile search, display, video, and other; desktop search, display, video, and other
- Social advertising
- Insights into internet advertising spending by industry segment
- Programmatic advertising forecast features spending by sales channel for digital (including video and connected TV), TV, and radio: open exchanges, private marketplaces, programmatic direct and direct sales
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Total internet advertising, growth trends, and differences by market
- Spending by advertising formats, growth rates, and market shares: Online search, display, and video; mobile search, display, and video
- U.S. vendor market shares for total spending and spending by major advertising formats
- Social advertising
- Sales channels
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
- Worldwide Digital Advertising Market Model, 2Q21
- Worldwide Digital Advertising Market Model, 3Q21
- Worldwide Digital Advertising Market Model, 4Q21
- Worldwide Digital Advertising Market Model, 1Q22
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How much spending was there in total on internet advertising in specific markets?
- How did spending break down by advertising formats?
- How much spending will there be in the short term?
- How much spending will there be in the long term?
- How does spending distribute across different sales channels?