Well-informed, designed, and activated business strategies are essential in the digital era. As digitization alters the behaviors of customers, the nature of business and competition changes at greater speed and scale. To achieve the highest degree of business performance, executives must reinvent their businesses through digital strategies and innovative capabilities that continually generate and maintain a brand, product, and operational advantage. Digital strategy consulting and agency services play an essential role in helping build enterprise leadership and vision, the goals, the business architecture and organizational models, talent requirements, and data and technology priorities necessary to execute successfully. Worldwide, the vast majority of corporate executives confirm with IDC that high-performance consulting partner relationships are critical to digital transformation (DX) success. IDC's Digital Strategy Consulting and Agency Services research analyzes the business imperatives that drive businesses' adoption of emerging technologies; offers insight and advice to help corporate executives envision, validate, mobilize, and execute digital strategies; and provides market opportunity advice to professional services firms and digital agencies and the technology partners that serve them.
Digital Strategy Consulting and Agency Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Digital transformation
- Digital strategy consulting
- Digital agency services
- Customer experience, digital operations, and digital product design
- Design thinking and collaborative development
- Digital commerce and marketing
- Next-generation security strategy
- IoT and cognitive-enabled digital services
- Worldwide Digital Strategy Trends and Futures
- Digital Consulting and Agency Services Buyer Trends and Priorities
- Vendor Assessments: Digital Strategy Consulting and Agency Services in Leading Use Cases and Industries
- Worldwide and Regional Priorities
- Vendor Shares
- Market Forecasts
- Overall Market Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the most significant drivers of "digital adoption" globally and regionally?
- What success metrics define high-performing digital disruptors?
- What characteristics do end users (buyers) value most and least in digital strategy and agency services?
- How are market participants performing? What are their strengths and opportunities?
- How do the leading digital strategy consulting vendors' offerings compare?
- What are the buyer priorities and influences, and how do these translate into vendor perceptions?
- What are the top digital strategy use cases? For these use cases, what project characteristics — organization, talent, governance, vision project management, and so forth — are most conducive to digital strategies achieving their business objectives?
- What are the key considerations for engaging digital strategy and agency service providers?
Accenture plc, Bain & Company, Inc., Capgemini Services SAS, Computer Sciences Corporation, Dell EMC, Deloitte LLP, Ernst & Young Global Limited, Globant S.A., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, KPMG International, Kurt Salmon Associates, Mercer LLC, Oracle Corporation, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Razorfish, LLC, Salesforce.com, Inc., Sapient Corporation, The Boston Consulting Group, Inc., Wipro Limited