Digital-enabled business transformation is accelerating, with the COVID-19 pandemic driving changes in consumer and business behavior and expectations. Transformation is now a universal and continuous requirement, as businesses and public bodies deploy new technologies and work patterns to reinvent themselves as agile, fluid, and proactive organizations, anticipating and even creating their customers' and citizens' needs — not just reacting to them. Digital transformation is now in the "experience phase," with experience as the new competitive differentiator. Organizations must deliver great experiences not just to consumers and trading partners but increasingly to their employees too. The challenge for organizations is to drive tech-enabled "innovation at scale" and specifically to drive "empathy at scale." To meet that challenge, digital strategy consulting services help CXOs define how "digital" technologies and services will drive success for the organization. Meanwhile, digital agency services help them refine and implement that vision, notably in the marketing, advertising, sales, customer support, loyalty, and product/service design domains. IDC's Customer Experience Services research analyzes the imperatives that drive adoption of emerging technologies; offers insight and advice to help corporate executives envision, validate, mobilize, and execute digital strategies; and provides market opportunity advice to professional services firms and digital agencies and the technology partners that work with them.
Customer Experience Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Digital-enabled business transformation
- Digital strategy consulting
- Marketing and CX strategy consulting
- Marketing transformation services
- Experience design and build services
- Digital commerce–related professional services
- Marketing-related CX improvement services
- Experience platform management
- Worldwide Digital Strategy and Agency Services Trends and Futures
- Buyer Trends and Priorities
- IDC MarketScapes: Digital Strategy Consulting, CX Improvement Services (published in alternate years)
- Worldwide and Regional Services Buyer Priorities
- CX Services Market Shares
- Market Forecasts
- Market Analysis Perspective
- Quarterly Market Updates
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Where are buyers heading next in the digital strategy and agency services space? How and why are their needs changing? How did the pandemic change the landscape?
- What characteristics do end clients (buyers) value most and least in digital strategy consulting and digital agency services?
- What will define success and failure for digital strategy consulting and digital agency services vendors in 2022 and beyond?
- How are leading vendors performing? What are their strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities?
- Who are the leaders, the major players, and the contenders in digital strategy consulting and in digital agency services?
- How do the strategies and offerings of leading digital strategy consultancies and digital agencies vendors compare?
- How and why are digital services driving technology change, organizational change, and culture change among end clients?
- What are the key considerations for engaging digital strategy consultancies and agency service providers?
Accenture plc, Avanade Inc., Bain & Company, Inc., Boston Consulting Group Inc., Capgemini Services SAS, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, Deloitte LLP, Dentsu Inc., EPAM Systems Inc., Ernst & Young Global Limited, Globant S.A., IBM, Infosys Limited, KPMG International, McKinsey & Company, Omnicom Group Inc., PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Publicis Groupe SA, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc., WPP plc, Wipro Limited