IDC's Enabling Technologies: Industrial and Automotive Electronics service provides market size, forecasts, market trends, and commentary for the industrial and automotive market segments in the context of the Internet of Things (IoT) and intelligent systems. This research allows both IT professionals and technology vendors to understand the new market opportunities within the industrial and automotive vertical segments while delivering deep insight into technology trends including processing, connectivity, and sensors.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Telematics, ADAS, and connectivity in the connected automotive market
- Connectivity technologies for IoT and intelligent systems (low-power Bluetooth, WiFi, ZigBee, and other proprietary technologies)
- CPU processing technologies for IoT and intelligent systems
- Embedded MCUs, MPUs, FPGAs, and DSPs for IoT and intelligent systems
- Sensors for IoT and intelligent systems
- Retail systems
- Challenges to energy infrastructure and smart grid
- Industrial IoT and Intelligent Systems Forecast, Analysis, and Technology Assessments
- Automotive IoT and Intelligent Systems Forecast, Analysis, and Technology Assessments
- ADAS, Infotainment, and Telematics Technology Assessments
- Connectivity and Sensor Deployments for IoT and Intelligent Systems and Technology Assessments
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the fastest-growing opportunities in the industrial IoT and automotive markets?
- What are the emerging trends for the factory of the future in the industrial marketplace?
- What are the fastest-growing opportunities and emerging trends in processing, connectivity, and sensor technologies in the industrial verticals?
- What are the fastest-growing opportunities and emerging trends in processing, connectivity, and sensor technologies in the automotive verticals?
- Who are the market leaders in this evolving space?
- What are the various standard bodies doing, and how will they impact the evolving industrial and automotive ecosystems?
Avago Technologies Limited,
DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC,
Emerson Electric Co.,
FREESCALE HOLDINGS L.P.,
General Electric Company,
Honeywell International Inc.,
JASPER WIRELESS, INC.,
Johnson Controls, Inc.,
National Instruments Corporation,
Renesas Electronics Corporation,
Robert Bosch GmbH,