The IDC Health Insights Public Health Technology Strategies report series informs and supports public health executives on how to drive the best value for money from information technologies. This report series analyzes the unique challenges of government-led national and regional health information exchange, telemedicine, disease management, and population health management programs as well as those of technology solutions aimed at optimizing government reimbursement and funding for healthcare services. The focus is to provide best practice analyses to help align IT with business strategies and prioritize investment in 3rd Platform technologies.
This service provides the guidance and tools needed to simplify complex decision-making processes associated with introducing technology-enabled change and delivers actionable recommendations. To better understand the current and potential role of ICT to drive patient-centric, integrated care programs in public health, relevant data is collected through IDC Health Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, healthcare providers, local and central government, and technology vendors, complemented by secondary research from conferences, publications, and third-party news sources.
The Public Health Technology Strategies report series covers a broad range of topics, including:
- How national strategies are transforming the approach to public health
- What is the impact of new data protection regulation in the advance of public health
- How health information exchanges are providing the connective tissues for integrated care at the regional and national levels
- How health insurance exchanges and other mechanisms to streamline healthcare reimbursement are evolving to enable value-based care
- How 3rd Platform technologies and innovation accelerators are impacting the future of population health management
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How will CIOs evolve their planning, organizational, and management toolkit to take advantage of 3rd Platform (cloud computing, social business, big data and analytics, and mobile) in an affordable and financially sustainable way?
- How will AI change the approach toward population risk assessment, care access, and organization planning and patient engagement?
- How can CIOs help leverage the opportunities for more effective integration of care delivery processes at the regional and national levels?
- Will the CIO be asked to manage the entire set of tools, or should an enterprise architecture approach be taken at a higher level to ensure coordination, particularly in those domains where the need is more pressing?
- Who are the ICT suppliers that can support the transition toward the 3rd Platform?
- How can ehealth policymakers help individual healthcare providers' CIOs make consistent choices that favor collaboration between healthcare providers and public health authorities?
Our research is designed to guide public health IT investment decisions, to help IT executives to plan for 3rd Platform technology needs, and to provide insights into measurable best practices. This research offers IT vendors, in particular, global IT service providers that support the development and management of public health systems and 3rd Platform technology providers, key insights to optimize their solution offering and go-to-market approach. We also offer the opportunity for subscribers to engage in an open dialogue with our expert analysts to support key investment strategies.