IDC's Worldwide Supply Chain Strategies: Planning and Multi-Enterprise Networks advisory service arms manufacturing companies with the specific knowledge necessary to globally deploy extended supply chain planning capabilities, implement supply chain business networks, and better manage supporting business processes. These business process investments drive interest in research that helps end-user companies and their business partners make more insightful and informed decisions on deploying strategies for global supply chain planning and networks as well as the supporting technology applications. Forward-looking research, combined with fact-based analysis of successful global supply chain planning and networks strategies, provides clients with practical ways to better manage supply chain trade-offs, support changing business models, improve service performance, and better understand customer and consumer relationships while minimizing cost.
Worldwide Supply Chain Strategies: Planning and Multi-Enterprise Networks
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Trends and predictions for global supply chain planning, including production planning, supply planning, sales and operations planning, demand planning and sensing, and the broader alignment with integrated business planning
- Better understanding of the critical role of the supply chain in supporting and enabling new business models and services
- The transformative role of business networks and other digital technologies
- Supply chain planning best practices, both across industries and within specific value chains
- Global supply chain planning strategies and the unique perspectives of risk and benefit
- Emerging supply chain planning and related technologies and their impact on business processes and innovation
- Business, organizational, and infrastructure technology priorities for each geographic region
- Successful customer and supplier relationships — how to measure best practices
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Multi-Enterprise Supply Chain Commerce Networks
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Supply Chain Demand Planning
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Supply Chain S&OP
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Supply Chain Services
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Digital Supply Chain Planning
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Supply Chain Supply Planning
- IDC MaturityScape: Supply Chain Resiliency
- Biannual Global Supply Chain Survey
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What role does the modern supply chain, and digital supply chain planning specifically, play in the broader business strategy for manufacturers?
- How are digital technologies, and digital transformation in general, impacting supply chain planning?
- What are the unique perspectives for supply chain business processes within each geographical region, including emerging regions of design and manufacturing?
- What is the key role for integrated business planning, both today and into the future?
- What is the key role for cloud-based, multi-enterprise supply chain networks, both today and in the future?
- What defines successful customer and supplier relationships?
- How are innovative technologies, processes, and applications shaping the future of supply chain planning?
- What supply chain technology tools and applications have the most value for your particular business and supply chain strategies? Which technology vendors and/or services providers should you look at to solve a particular business problem?