IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Mining Strategies examines the business environment across the mining sector value chain from exploration through to operations, processing, supply chain, and trading globally. Mining companies are operating in an increasingly competitive commodity market environment, driven by pressures relating to accessing funding, assets, and talent. Technology and data are playing an increasingly critical role across the operation to enable decision support, automation, integration, and control. This service provides comprehensive insights into the best practices that show how mining companies are responding and what road maps these companies will need to build the information technology (IT) capabilities required to create integrated, agile, and responsive operations. Mining companies are changing the way they buy technology, how they collaborate to frame the problems to be solved, how they engage with technology suppliers, and how they innovate across their businesses bringing together the capabilities of IT and operational technology (OT). This service tracks the IT investment priorities for organizations seeking to scale value creation across their organization and the impact on decision making and best practices relating to technology, process, and organizational change.
IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Mining Strategies
This service distills market and industry data into incisive analysis drawn from in-depth interviews with industry experts, mining staff from across the business, and technology vendors. Insight and analysis are further supported and validated through rigorous research methodologies in quantitative market analysis. IDC Energy Insights' analysts develop unique and comprehensive analyses of this data, focused on providing actionable recommendations. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Strategies for scaling value from digital transformation across the mining value chain
- Considerations for IT/OT convergence within agile and resilient mining operations
- Road maps and best practices for improving cybersecurity and physical operational security
- The future of work within a digital mining environment
- IT spending and budgets
- Enabling innovation — leadership, culture change, and technology strategy
- Technology transformation across the 3rd Platform and innovation accelerators
- Business and regulatory trends
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the key market trends facing the mining business in the years ahead?
- How are mining companies responding to challenges associated with IT and OT choices within their operations?
- How are mining companies prioritizing spending on IT by technology area?
- What technologies are key to the future of the worldwide mining sector?
- How is mining leadership responding to the role that the technology strategy must play in business strategy?
- What are the business and regulatory challenges that companies need to address?
- What do mining companies need to do to create integrated digital operational capabilities from where they are now?
Who Should Subscribe
- Mining business executives and managers
- IT executives responsible for supporting mining organizations
- Technology suppliers to mining companies