IDC's Storage Systems service delivers detailed analysis of vendor performance and industry trends, as well as the anticipated rate of the adoption of new technologies and storage delivery models and their impact on existing markets and vendor alliances, strategic initiatives, and new product introductions. IDC's Storage Systems service encompasses disk and flash/SSD-based storage systems and server-based and software-defined storage.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Enterprise, midrange, and entry storage systems
- All-flash arrays (AFA), hybrid (HDD/flash), and HDD-only storage systems
- Impact of converged and hyperconverged systems on storage suppliers and users
- Storage systems produced by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and original design manufacturers (ODMs)
- Block, file, and object data organization
- Fibre Channel/HCI, Ethernet File/Object, Ethernet Block, direct-attached storage (DAS), and FICON data access
- Quarterly summary analysis of IDC's Enterprise Storage Systems Tracker results
- Significant product announcements and analysis
- Event coverage (e.g., acquisitions) and impact analysis
- Trends such as adoption of NVMe and storage-class memory
- Impact of digital transformation initiatives on storage demand, architectures, and delivery models
- Impact of containers on enterprise storage — persistent storage
- Worldwide Storage Systems Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Storage Systems Vendor Shares
- Vendor Profiles, Case Studies, Demand-Side Viewpoints, and End-User Insights
- Market Analysis Presentation for the Enterprise Storage Systems Market
- Quarterly Storage Systems Market Results
- Qualitative Insights and Technology Assessments
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What products are competitors introducing, and what impact will this have in their markets?
- How does the digital transformation initiative change demand for storage?
- What is the growth for flash-based solutions, and what are the implications for vendors and end users?
- How will the proliferation of public cloud and software-defined storage solutions affect demand for storage systems?
- What are the regional differences in buying behavior?
- How will the use of converged and hyperconverged systems change the storage landscape?
- How does the use of storage efficiency affect end-user behavior?
Meet the Experts
Research Vice President, Storage
Research Vice President, Server and Storage Infrastructure
Research Director, Storage Systems
Program Vice President, Systems Infrastructure Research Portfolio