Data grows exponentially as information pours from several applications, sensors, and platforms therefore the responsiveness, security and robustness of the data infrastructure determines the overall performance of the business. Additionally, data sharing with third parties is key for fostering strategic partnerships to jointly deliver value to the ecosystem is key to capture a larger share of the digital opportunity. In this environment, Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLTs) such as blockchain are emerging as a potential solution to enable the seamless flow of a single version of the truth across internal and external stakeholders, by exposing data in secure fashion based on established credentials. This IDC service reveals how European organizations are using Blockchain and what their requirements are in a variety of verticals. It also provides insight on the impact of this technology on the EMEA infrastructure, cloud and security markets, highlighting moves by major vendors, as well as describing the flourishing European startup ecosystem in this space.
European Blockchain Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Blockchain adoption in EMEA
- Blockchain Technology platforms including Ethereum, Hyperledger and specialized platforms
- Key Use Cases for Blockchain in Europe
- Impact of European regulation on Blockchain Adoption
- Impact of Blockchain on infrastructure technologies
- European startups and established vendors supplying Blockchain solutions
- The transition of Blockchain projects from POCs to Production stage
- IDC European Blockchain Market Analysis Perspective
- Wetrade - the first consortium bringing Blockchain into production
- Blockchain Raise Across Western European Industries
- Blockchain Impact on Healthcare
- IDC Innovators for Blockchain in Energy/Utilities
- Boom or bust - a roundup of the winning Blockchain Use cases in Europe
- Blockchain-as-a-Service and its Impact on Cloud Services in Europe
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the major use cases for Blockchain solutions in Europe?
- Which verticals are adopting Blockchain faster, and why?
- Which new European-headquartered providers are active in the market?
- How will Blockchain disrupt existing approaches in the security, cloud and infrastructure markets?
- What are the end user requirements and challenges in deploying Blockchain?
- What are the regulatory and compliance implications of implementing Blockchain solutions in Europe?
Accenture plc, Alliander N.V., Atos S.A., BigchainDB GmbH, Bitfury Group Ltd., Capgemini Services SAS, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, Dell Inc., Deloitte LLP, Ethereum Foundation, Everledger Ltd., Gospel Technology Ltd., Grid Singularity, Guardtime AS, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hyperledger, IBM, Infosys Limited, Ledger SAS, Microsoft Corporation, NTT, Oracle Corporation, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Project Provenance Ltd., SAP SE, SWIFT, Slock.it, Stratumn SAS, Ties.BV, Wipro Limited, brainbot technologies AG, eGaaS