Blockchain is an emerging technology that brings trust and distributed processing to business networks as they evolve into wider, semi-permeable, collaborative ecosystems. It can drive efficiencies through disintermediation, and potentially re-imagining the way that business processes are.
European Blockchain Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Where to invest — Describing the growth areas of blockchain use cases in Europe; exploring blockchain's role in wider Digital Transformation initiatives.
- Overcoming blockchain barriers – Helping organizations improve the chances of their blockchain proof of concept (PoC) projects successfully move into production.
- New business models – Blockchain's promise of decentralization has the potential not only to disintermediate and bring efficiencies to business networks, but also to disrupt whole ecosystems and marketplaces. What are innovators doing to bring about these changes?
- The changing technology stack — Examining how blockchain is evolving to become more business-useful and production-friendly on the journey to a "post-blockchain" world.
- Privacy and trust — Looking at how blockchains address European regulatory and privacy concerns, how they play in different trust environments, and how they can affect ecosystem relationships.
- Blockchain Adoption in Europe, 2020: Awareness and Growth by Country and Industry
- Blockchain Adoption in Europe: Success Stories and Failures
- Blockchain Platform-as-a-Service Vendor Landscape in Europe
- The Power of Synergy: Blockchain and Emerging Technologies
- Blockchain in Supply Chain: Rethinking Transparency and Data Exchange
- The Blockchain Trilemma: Finding a Balance between Scalability, Decentralization and Security
- Blockchain and the Internet of Things
- Winning the Business Case for Blockchain
- Blockchain Regulation in Key European Markets
- The Role of Blockchain in Cybersecurity
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the major use cases for Blockchain solutions in Europe, and what are the deployment challenges?
- Which verticals are adopting Blockchain faster, and why?
- Which new European-headquartered providers are active?
- What are the key business model, partner relationship, and governance issues to consider in a blockchain initiative?
- What are the regulatory and compliance implications of implementing Blockchain solutions in Europe?
- How will Blockchain disrupt existing approaches across European markets?
Amazon Web Services Inc., ConsenSys Inc., Ethereum Foundation, Gospel Technology Ltd., Guardtime AS, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hyperledger, IBM, Infosys Limited, Insolar Technologies, Ledger SAS, Microsoft Corporation, OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Project Provenance Ltd., R3 HoldCo LLC, SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., Stratis Group Ltd, The Energy Web Foundation, Unisys Corporation, VMware, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, Wipro Limited