With the explosion of non-physical assets and metadata, the value and risks associated with data are at an all time high. Blockchain and Distributed Ledgers are new technologies that automate transactions, trace physical and digital goods and protect identity and data. These technologies have the potential to revolutionize business processes and customer experience, and also disrupt existing IT stacks and incumbent suppliers. This IDC service reveals how European organizations are using Blockchain and what their requirements are in a variety of verticals. It also provides insight on the impact of this technology on the EMEA infrastructure, cloud and security markets, highlighting moves by major vendors, as well as describing the flourishing European startup ecosystem in this space.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT) adoption in Europe
- Blockchain adoption in Europe
- Blockchain Technology platforms including Ethereum, Hyperledger and specialized platforms
- Key Use Cases for Blockchain in Europe
- Impact of European regulation on Blockchain Adoption
- Security impact of Blockchain on encryption and identity
- Impact of Blockchain on infrastructure technologies
- European startups and established vendors supplying Blockchain solutions
- IDC European Blockchain Market Analysis Perspective
- Digital Trade Chain - the first consortium bringing Blockchain into production
- Blockchain Raise Across Western European Industries
- Blockchain Impact on Healthcare
- IDC Innovators for Blockchain in Energy/Utilities
- IDC Innovators EMEA Blockchain Database Infrastructure
- Boom or bust - a roundup of the winning Blockchain Use cases in Europe
- Blockchain-as-a-Service and its Impact on Cloud Services in Europe
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the major use cases for Blockchain solutions in Europe?
- Which verticals are adopting Blockchain faster, and why?
- Which new European-headquartered providers are active in the market?
- How will Blockchain disrupt existing approaches in the security, cloud and infrastructure markets?
- What are the end user requirements and challenges in deploying Blockchain?
- What are the regulatory and compliance implications of implementing Blockchain solutions in Europe?
BITFURY GROUP LIMITED,
Brainbot Technologies AG,
Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation,
GuardTime Pte Ltd,
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation,
Project Provenance Ltd.,