IDC Government Insights: United States Semiannual Education IT Spending Guide is a semiannual analysis of the current status and projected growth of IT spending in the education industry across K-12, higher education, and other education (certificate granting institutions and technical training resources). This global five-year outlook on spending by educational institutions provides IT vendors with the key information needed to develop effective market strategies. IDC Government Insights: United States Semiannual Education IT Spending Guide offers segmented education market coverage and analyses to provide a perspective on IT spending within several education sectors. Education is a unique market with distinctive spending patterns, and the data collected for this detailed forecast comes from surveys and in-depth conversations with multiple vendors and education end users. IDC Government Insights: United States Semiannual Education IT Spending Guide is designed to help IT vendors identify multiple education IT budgeting opportunities and understand how these buyers plan to target IT spending across the various education segments, states, and functions. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about various technology markets and education segments by viewing data trends, relationships, and making data comparisons.
IDC Government Insights: United States Semiannual Education IT Spending Guide
This product covers the following segments of the education market:
- 50 states and Washington, D.C.
- 22 technologies: Hardware, software, and IT services, including markets such as financial applications, high-end servers, and technology outsourcing
- 3 subindustries: K12, higher education, and other education
- 12 functional areas: Classroom and computer labs, classroom management, financial management, food service (ordering and management), general administration, human resources management, library systems, materials management, other functions, staff education and training, student records management, and transportation administration
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Five-year IT spending forecasts
- Details on the most lucrative areas to target across the country when selling to educational institutions
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the U.S. education IT opportunity?
- Which states present the largest or fastest-growing IT opportunities?
- How do growth rates vary by function? Where should resources be focused to take advantage of maximum market opportunity?
- How is spending shifting across hardware, software, and services? Is it the same across all states?
About This Spending Guide
IDC Government Insights: United States Semiannual Education IT Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, subindustry, function, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market.
1H18 release of the U.S. Semiannual Education IT Spending Guide
2H18 release of the U.S. Semiannual Education IT Spending Guide
Defines the education industry and relevant coverages areas