IDC's European Vertical Markets service analyzes ICT buying trends and patterns across all key vertical industries in Western Europe. The research employs a blend of sources and evaluation techniques to estimate IT spending size and growth by analyzing specific drivers and inhibitors within each industry. Our research covers business and ICT trends by industry with a focus on investment areas including enterprise solutions, security, cloud, mobile, social, Big Data, the Internet of Things, and other Innovation Accelerators.
European Vertical Markets
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Key vertical markets: banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete and process manufacturing, retail, wholesale, communications, media, utilities, transportation, professional services, personal and consumer services, construction, resources, central and local government, healthcare, education, and consumer
- 16 Western European countries
- Vertical markets in the European economy: structure and performance indicators
- Vendor initiatives in key verticals
- User survey analysis by vertical market
- Analysis of 5-year spending forecasts by vertical
- Business and IT requirements by vertical market
- Enterprise solution investments by vertical market
- Mobile solution adoption and investment plans
- Cloud and software as a service (SaaS)
- Big Data, social media, and Digital Transformation
- Internet of Things developments and use cases
- Innovation Accelerators: ARVR, Robotics, Cognitive, 3D Printing, and NextGen Security
- Emerging technologies: Blockchain, Smart City, Industry Collaborative Cloud
- Western European IT Spending by Vertical Market: Market Trends, Five-Year Forecast, and Quarterly Highlights
- Western European Vertical Markets: Benchmarking IT Against GDP and Total Employment
- IT Budget Dynamics, Channel Selection, and Vendor Satisfaction Across Vertical Markets in Western Europe — An IDC Survey
- Business and IT Priorities in Western European Vertical Markets
- Cloud, Social Media, Big Data, and Mobile Solutions in Western European Vertical Markets
- Internet of Things Across European Vertical Markets: Opportunities and Use Cases, Building a Connected World — An IDC Survey
- Innovation Accelerators across European Vertical Markets
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which verticals offer the best opportunities in Western Europe?
- How much will each industry spend on IT by country, and which technologies will attract incremental spending?
- How are investment plans evolving in each vertical for horizontal technologies and industry-specific solutions and use cases?
- How will 3rd Platform adoption change spending patterns in organizations across verticals?
- What is driving Innovation Accelerators adoption across industry sectors, and where is the ICT market heading?
- What are the key requirements for IT solutions within each sector?
Accenture plc, Amazon Web Services, Inc., Atos S.A., BT Group plc, Capgemini S.A., Cisco Systems, Inc., DXC Technology Co., Dell EMC, Dell Inc., Exact Software, Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., HCL, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Infor, Inc., Infosys Limited, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, SAP SE, SAS Institute Inc., Sage Group plc, Salesforce.com, Inc., Samsung, Symantec Corporation, T-Systems International GmbH, TCS, Telefonica S.A., Vodafone Group Plc, Wipro Limited