IDC's European Verticals: Use Cases and Strategies service analyzes industry trends in Europe, covering business and IT strategies, the impact of macroeconomic events, vendors' vertical strategies, and the evolution of digital industry ecosystems. The service enables vendors to put in place and optimize their vertical go-to-market strategy, to survive and thrive in a volatile macro environment, and to identify the use cases that are driving tech disruption. The service provides an overview of IT intensity and innovation propensity across verticals, highlighting European industries' maturity and sweet spots. It also compares vendors' vertical strategies against the competition, pinpointing those characteristics that make a market vertical strategy successful. Digital Industry Ecosystems are also covered, highlighting European industries' propensity toward new industry ecosystems, and providing a beyond the horizon look at what's next in the European digital landscape.
European Verticals: Use Cases and Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Key vertical markets: banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete and process manufacturing, retail, wholesale, communications, media, utilities, transportation, professional services, personal and consumer services, construction, resources, central and local government, healthcare, education, and consumer
- Vertical markets in the European economy: structure and performance indicators
- Business and IT requirements by vertical market
- Macroeconomic events and winds of change impact assessment across industries in Europe
- Vendor strategies and initiatives: The IT Vendors' Vertical Strategy and Execution (VSX) European Matrix for vendor positioning and comparison against competition
- Digital transformation (DX) maturity across industries and digital use cases
- Digital industry ecosystems
- Analysis of 5-year spending forecasts by vertical
- European IT Spending by Vertical Market, Five-Year Forecast
- European Vertical Markets: Benchmarking IT Against GDP and Total Employment
- Business and Digital Priorities in European Vertical Markets
- European IT Spending and Macroeconomic Impact Across Industries
- Macroeconomic assessment Across Industries in Europe
- European CxO: enabling vendors to gain from the shift toward lines of business (LOBs) in technology budgets
- Digital Industry Ecosystems in Europe
- Innovation index: what are the most innovative industries and why?
- VSX European Matrix for vendors' vertical positioning and vertical strategy success
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which verticals offer the best opportunities in Europe?
- How much will each industry spend on IT, and which technologies will attract incremental spending?
- How to steer a successful vertical go-to-market in Europe and how vendors' vertical strategies compare against each other.
- How to survive and thrive in a volatile European macro environment in 2021 and beyond. How to digitally reignite the post-pandemic recovery.
- What is the impact of the shift toward lines of business (LOBs) in technology budgets?
- What are the key digital industry ecosystems that are thriving in Europe?
- Which industries are innovation-driven and DX ready?
Accenture plc, Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Amazon Web Services Inc., Atos SE, BT Group plc, CGI Group Inc., Capgemini Services SAS, Cisco Systems Inc., Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, Dell Technologies Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Google LLC, HCL Technologies Limited, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Infor Inc., Infosys Limited, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, SAP SE, SAS Institute Inc., Sage Group plc, Salesforce.com, Inc., Samsung, ServiceNow, Inc., Sopra Group SA, Symantec Corporation, T-Systems International GmbH, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Telefonica S.A., Vodafone Group Plc, Wipro Limited, Workday, Inc.
Meet the Experts
Senior Research Analyst, IDC’s European Customer Insights & Analysis group