IDC's European Verticals: Use Cases and Strategies service analyzes industry trends in Europe, covering business and IT strategies, macroeconomic events impact, vendors' vertical strategies and innovation accelerators trends by industry and use case. The service enables vendors to put in place and optimize their vertical go-to-market strategy, to survive and thrive in a volatile European macro environment and to go deeper and identify the use cases that are driving tech disruption within industries. Through the innovation index, the service provides an overview of IT intensity and innovation propensity across verticals.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Key vertical markets: banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete and process manufacturing, retail, wholesale, communications, media, utilities, transportation, professional services, personal and consumer services, construction, resources, central and local government, healthcare, education, and consumer
- 22 European countries
- Vertical markets in the European economy: structure and performance indicators
- Business and IT requirements by vertical market
- Macroeconomic events impact assessment
- Vendor strategies and initiatives in key verticals
- Cloud, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Digital Transformation
- Internet of Things developments and use cases
- Innovation Accelerators: ARVR, Robotics, AI, 3D Printing, NextGen Security
- Emerging technologies: Blockchain, Smart City, Industry Collaborative Cloud, Customer Experience, Edge, Quantum
- Analysis of 5-year spending forecasts by vertical
- User survey analysis by vertical market
- European IT Spending by Vertical Market, Five-Year Forecast
- European Vertical Markets: Benchmarking IT Against GDP and Total Employment
- Business and IT Priorities in European Vertical Markets
- Trade War: A Macroeconomic Assessment across Industries in Europe
- Security in European Vertical Markets
- Cloud and Industries in Europe in 2020: An IDC Survey
- Big Data Future Developments in European Vertical Markets in 2020
- Artificial Intelligence: Which will be the Leading Industries and Use Cases in 2020?
- Internet of Things Across European Vertical Markets: Opportunities and Use Cases, Building a Connected World — An IDC Survey
- European Vertical Markets DX Landscape: a Use Case perspective
- IDC's Innovation Accelerators in European Vertical Markets with a Use Case Perspective
- Innovation index: which are the most innovative industries and why
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How to steer a successful Vertical Go To Market in Europe?
- How to survive and thrive in a volatile European macro environment in 2020?
- Which verticals offer the best opportunities in Europe?
- Which industries are innovation-driven and DX ready?
- How much will each industry spend on IT by country, and which technologies will attract incremental spending?
- How new wave of innovations will impact on different industries?
- How will 3rd Platform adoption change spending patterns in organizations across verticals?
- What is driving Innovation Accelerators adoption across industry sectors, and where is the ICT market heading?
- What are the key requirements for IT solutions within each sector?