IDC Manufacturing Insights' worldwide Robotics: Industrial Robots research advisory service provides companies with the latest trends and developments in industrial robotics, as well as insights and expertise to better deploy robotics technology. Robotics will play an indispensable role in enabling companies that aspire to transform themselves to be more customer centric, autonomic, and agile not only on the factory floor but also wherever tasks can be automated.
IDC's forward-looking research insights, combined with fact-based analysis of successful global robotic strategies and best practices, provides clients with practical ways to better manage product quality, improve responsiveness, and substantially increase productivity.
IDC Manufacturing Insights conducts research on the impact of commercial robotics on industry processes. Reports will highlight key industrial trends and opportunities for the deployment of robotics, how companies should make the business case for investment, how leading organizations are taking advantage of the technological advances, and which vendors and implementation partners are proving most capable at delivering value.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Insights of market trends, needs, use cases, investment priorities, and industry landscape in relation to the deployment of industrial robots
- Highlights of advances in key robotics physical modules including connectivity, sensors, end effectors, vision, and navigation systems
- Highlights of advances in software technologies supporting robotics, particularly the use of artificial intelligence approaches to improve cognitive learning, human-robot interaction, programming, and commissioning
- The integration of robotics into existing corporate processes
- Regional adoption patterns, winning strategies, and next practices
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How do I identify opportunities and justify the investment in advanced robotics?
- What are the best practices to achieve superior performance and highest return on investment?
- How do I evaluate and select vendors or solution providers that are best suited to my needs?
- How does the proliferation of robots change approaches to staffing and skill development?
- What technologies contribute most to the advance of robotic capabilities?
- How capable is existing cognitive software in advancing the ability of robots to learn and adapt?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Manufacturing Insights' worldwide Robotics: Industrial Robots research advisory service is ideally suited to support the needs of industrial executives including CIOs, COOs, line-of-business executives, IT directors, and senior IT managers.
Robotics product vendors, software vendors, and systems integration service providers that support the industrial adoption of robotics will benefit from the timely research findings and analysis insights from this report series. In particular, they will benefit from a deep understanding of the needs, expectations, and future investment priorities of end-user companies, as well as the trends and where the industry is headed, which will help them better plan their investments and adjust their road map accordingly.
The following business leaders/practitioners will benefit from this research advice:
- Operations executives deploying robotics to improve safety, quality, productivity, and reliability
- IT executives who need to assist the integration of robotics systems into existing processes
- Large consulting firms assisting clients in operating model transformation
- Software vendors wishing to support integration with robotics
- Component suppliers that must understand market needs
- Robotics OEMs that need to translate industry use cases into product messages