Internet of Things and Intelligent Edge: Software Platforms is a comprehensive program that provides a qualitative and quantitative view of the key technologies organizations leverage for edge-to-cloud IoT software architectures. These technologies, which may or may not be bundled into a single platform, include IoT application development and deployment software, IoT, and edge device management software, as well as IoT data management and analysis software. This research provides critical insight into IoT software vendors as well as hardware and services vendors.
Internet of Things and Intelligent Edge: Software Platforms
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Market sizing and forecasting for edge-to-cloud IoT platforms and analytics
- Edge-to-cloud IoT platform and analytics vendor landscape
- Edge-to-cloud IoT application development and deployment
- IoT edge device management
- Real-time data integration for IoT analytics
- Data management technologies for IoT analytics workloads
- Streaming analytics in IoT
- Industrial IoT software trends
- AI in IoT use cases
- Worldwide IoT Software Platforms Taxonomy
- Worldwide IoT Platform Forecast, 2021–2025
- Worldwide IoT Analytics and Information Management Forecast, 2021–2025
- IoT Software Platforms Competitive Landscape, Including IDC MarketScapes
- IoT Software Platforms Demand Trends
- IoT Software Platforms Vendor Profiles
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the size and expected forecast of the IoT software platforms market, inclusive of IoT platforms, IoT device management, and IoT analytics software?
- Who are the key players in the IoT software platforms market, from the perspectives of size, ability to lead, and potential to disrupt?
- How are customers adopting IoT software platforms, and what challenges are they experiencing in these deployments?
- What software solutions are being provided in the market today?
- What are the characteristics of best-in-class IoT software platforms?
- What are the key end-user challenges when trying to derive value from IoT data?
ABB Ltd., AI,Inc., ARM Limited, AT&T Inc., AVEVA Group plc, Aeris, Inc., Afero Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Avnet, Inc., Ayla Networks, Inc., BLUES WIRELESS INC., Blackberry Ltd., C3.ai, Canonical Group Limited, Cisco Systems Inc., Cloudera, Inc., Emerson Electric Co., Ericsson, FogHorn Systems, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, General Electric Company, Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., HiveMQ GmbH, Honeywell International Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, IOTECH SYSTEMS LIMITED, InfluxData Inc., Informatica Corporation, Johnson Controls, Inc., Litmus Automation, MachineMetrics Inc., Microsoft Corporation, NTT DATA Corporation, Nokia Corporation, Omnio.net ApS, OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., PTC, Inc., Particle Industries Inc., Pelion, QEEXO, CO., Red Hat, Inc., Rockwell Automation, Inc., SAP SE, SAS Institute Inc., Salesforce.com, Inc., Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, Sierra Wireless S.A., Software AG, Splunk Inc., T-Mobile International AG, TIBCO Software Inc., Telefonica S.A., Telit Communications PLC, Teradata Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, Twilio, Inc., Uptake Technologies Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, Zebra Technologies Corporation