Marketing and sales technologies are driving forces for all companies as customers move to online, mobile-first, and collaborative relationship models. In reaching and selling to customers, it is essential that organizations aggressively develop the necessary operational and analytic skills, collaborative cultures, and creative problem solving needed to truly add value to the customer relationship. IDC's Marketing and Sales Solutions service provides strategic frameworks for thinking about the individual and aligned areas of marketing and sales technology as parts of a holistic business strategy. This program delivers insight, information, and data on the main drivers for the adoption of these technologies in the broader context of customer experience (CX) and networked business strategies.
Marketing and Sales Solutions
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Marketing automation, campaign management, and go to market execution applications
- Sales force automation applications
- Predictive analytics and business KPIs
- Mobile and digital applications and strategies
- Customer data and analytics
- CX strategies
- Reports on how 670 U.S. large enterprises use more than 300 vendors in 15 martech categories across 5 vertical markets:
- Consumer banking
- CPG manufacturing
- Securities and investment services
- Travel and hospitality
- IDC MarketScape(s) on related solutions areas such as marketing clouds and artificial intelligence
- IDC TechScapes and PlanScapes on various topics such as GDPR, account-based marketing, personalization, and mobile marketing
- Marketing software forecast and vendor shares
- Sales force automation forecast and vendor shares
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How can marketing and sales organizations help create the best customer experiences?
- What are the implications of the new culture of privacy on marketing and sales teams?
- How will the customer experience trend affect enterprise infrastructure road maps and vendor product strategies?
- How can marketing and sales leverage technology and creativity to deliver greater value to customers at every interaction?
- How will artificial intelligence and machine learning transform marketing and sales?
- How can vendors help brands differentiate based on their ability to manage customer data and consent?
- How do marketing and sales organizations and systems participate in digital transformation efforts?
6Sense Insights Inc., AUTOPILOTHQ, INC., Act-On Software Inc., Acxiom Corporation, Adobe Systems Inc., Allocadia Software Inc., BlueConic Inc., BrandWatch Technologies, Inc., Cake, Callidus Software Inc., Centro, Inc., Char Software, Inc., Clarabridge Inc., Constant Contact, Inc., Domo Inc., ENSIGHTEN, INC., Google Inc., Hearsay Social, Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hootsuite Media Inc., HubSpot Inc., IBM, Infor, Inc., Infusionsoft, Inc., Krux Digital, Inc., LATTICE ENGINES INC, Lytics, Inc., MediaMath, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Mixpanel, Inc., Mobius Solutions, Ltd., NetSuite Inc., Neustar Inc., Oracle Corporation, RETURN PATH, INC., ROCKET FUEL INC., RetailNext, Inc., SAP SE, SDL PLC, SHOPPERTRAK RCT CORPORATION, Sailthru, Salesforce.com, Inc., Shoutlet, Sitecore Corporation A/S, Spredfast, Sprinklr Inc., Sprout Social, Inc., Swrve New Media Inc., Tableau Software, Inc., Tealium Inc., Teradata Corporation, The Rocket Science Group, LLC, VERTICALRESPONSE INC, Xaxis, LLC, Yesmail, Inc., comScore Inc., dataxu, Inc., eTrigue Corporation, iContact, LLC.