Telcos are evolving from traditional communication service providers to platform players at the heart of digital ecosystems. This entails transforming their network infrastructure, associated IT, and operations and deciding where to operate in the digital value chain, who to partner, and how to manage and orchestrate new technologies. IDC Telecommunications Insights: Europe, Middle East and Africa Business Models and Technology Transformation service presents our analysis of how telcos in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa are addressing this transformation and the related opportunities available to telecom vendors and partners.
IDC Telecommunications Insights: Europe, Middle East and Africa Business Models and Technology Transformation
Meet the Experts
Associate Vice President, EMEA Telecommunications Insights
Vice President, European Telecoms and Infrastructure
Research Manager, EMEA Telco Insights
Research Analyst, European 5G Enterprise Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Digital transformation within the telco
- Telco operational and business support systems (OSS & BSS)
- Customer experience technologies and strategies
- The evolving API telecommunications market
- The impact of key enabling technologies (e.g., 5G, AI/ML, IoT, cloud)
- Telcos' opex and capex
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Intelligence and automation in telecom operations and processes
- 5G and LTE developments and deployments
- The role of cloud providers in the digital telecom ecosystem
- Safeguarding digital sovereignty
- Implementing sustainability strategies
- Outlook for the EMEA Telecom Industry in 2023 and Beyond
- Market Analysis Perspective: Technology Priorities and Strategies
- European Communications SP Spending Forecast, 2022–2027
- Telcos and Sustainability: The Road to Net-Zero Strategies
- EMEA Telco Survey: Technology Plans and Strategies
- Strategic Considerations for the API Telecom Market
- Next-Generation OSS/BSS
- IDC's Worldwide Digital Transformation Use Case Taxonomy
- Emerging Business Models for Telco Cloud
- EMEA OSS/BSS Forecast, 2022–2027
- Strategies to Boost Telecom Customer Experience
- Evaluating Telco Opportunities in Digital Marketplaces
- Intelligence NOC/SOC: AI-Driven Telco Operations
- Digital Sovereignty and the Impact on Telcos
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What will shape the EMEA telecom industry in 1–5 years?
- What are EMEA telcos' opex and capex by category and country?
- How will network architectures and investments change as sustainability becomes a legitimate business priority?
- What effect will emerging technologies have on telcos' operations and service offerings?
- How should telcos adapt their core OSS/BSS to capitalize on new revenue generating opportunities delivered by 5G services?
- How can telcos adopt new technologies and operating models to transform and improve customer experience (CX)?
- What will the NOC/SOC look like with the expected growth in subscriptions per subscriber?
- A1 Group Inc.
- AT&T Inc.
- Accenture plc
- Altice N.V.
- Amazon Web Services Inc.
- Amdocs Limited
- Atos SE
- BT Group plc
- Capgemini Services SAS
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Colt Group S.A.
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- Deloitte LLP
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- EIR Inc.
- Elisa Oyj
- Google LLC
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- KPN N.V.
- Liberty Global PLC
- Lumen Technologies
- MTS Systems Corporation
- MegaFon S.A.
- Microsoft Corporation
- NEC Corporation
- NTT Communications Corporation
- Netcracker Technology Corp.
- Nokia Corporation
- OTE S.A.
- Oracle Corporation
- Orange S.A.
- Proximus Group
- STC Corp.
- Swisscom Ltd.
- TDC A/S
- TIM S.p.A.
- Tech Mahindra Limited
- Tele2 AB
- Telefonica S.A.
- Telenor ASA
- Telia Company AB
- VEON Ltd.
- VMware, Inc.
- Verizon Communications, Inc.
- Vodafone Group Plc
- Wipro Limited
- ZTE Corporation
- e& Enterprise