Telcos are evolving from traditional communication service providers to platform players at the heart of digital ecosystems. This entails transforming their network infrastructure and associated IT (Business Support Systems and Operational Support Systems), as well as deciding where to operate in the digital value chain, who to partner with, and how to manage and orchestrate new technologies. This requires infrastructure and operational transformation. IDC Telecommunications Insights: European Technology Priorities and Strategies service presents our analysis of how telcos in Europe are addressing this transformation and the related opportunities available to telco vendors and partners.
IDC Telecommunications Insights: European Technology Priorities and Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Digital transformation within the telco
- Telco Operational Support Systems (OSS) and Business Support Systems (BSS)
- Customer experience technologies and strategies
- Impact of key enabling technologies, e.g. 5G, AI/ML, IoT, cloud, quantum, blockchain
- Telco capex and opex
- Network function virtualization (NFV) and software-defined networking (SDN)
- Intelligence and automation in telco operations and processes
- 5G and LTE developments and deployments
- Fibre optic and cable rollout
- Outlook for the European Telecom Industry in 2021
- Market Analysis Perspective: IDC Telecommunications Insights: European Technology Priorities and Strategies
- European Communications SP Spending Forecast, 2020-2025
- European Telco Capex and Opex Tracker
- European Telco Survey: Technology Plans and Strategies
- RAN Evolution and New Architectural Models in the 5G Era
- Technology Talent Management in European Telecoms
- Sustainability as a Competitive Tool for Telcos
- European 5G Investments Forecast, 2021-2026
- How Emerging Technologies Will Change Telecoms: AI, Blockchain, Quantum and More
- Telco Data Monetization in Europe
- Wholesale Telecom Services in Europe
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What will shape the European telecoms industry over the next 1-5 years?
- What will European telcos’ capital and operational expenditure be, by category and country?
- How will telcos change their network architectures and investments as 5G takes over?
- What affect will emerging technologies like AI/ML and quantum have on telcos’ operations and service offerings?
- How should telcos adapt their internal talent and processes for an agile, digital world?
- How can telcos adopt new technology and operating models to transform and improve customer experience (CX)?
- Where will growth come from in the wholesale markets?
- What will telcos spend on VNFs, NFVI, MANO and associated services over the next 5 years?
A1 Telekom Austria Aktiengesellschaft, AT&T Inc., Accenture plc, Altice N.V., Amdocs Limited, Atos SE, BT Group plc, Capgemini Services SAS, CenturyLink Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Colt Group S.A., Dell Inc., Deloitte LLP, Deutsche Telekom AG, EIR Inc., Elisa Oyj, Ericsson, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, KPN, Liberty Global PLC, MegaFon S.A., MobileTeleSystems, NEC Corporation, NTT Communications Corporation, Netcracker Technology Corp., Nokia Corporation, OTE S.A., Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., Proximus Group, Rostelecom OJSC, Samsung, Swisscom Ltd., TDC A/S, TIM AG, Tech Mahindra Limited, Tele2 AB, Telefonica S.A., Telenor ASA, Telia Company AB, VEON Ltd., VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, Wipro Limited, ZTE Corporation