Like all enterprises, Telcos need to transform how they operate their core business. For a Telco this not only means their network infrastructure and the associated IT (both Business Support Systems and Operational Support Systems), but also where to operate in the digital value chain, who to partner with, and how to manage and orchestrate the resulting explosion in ICT complexity. This requires an infrastructure and operational transformation. IDC Telecommunications Insights: European Technology Priorities and Strategies service presents our analysis on how Telcos across Europe are addressing this transformation challenge.
IDC Telecommunications Insights: European Technology Priorities and Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Impact of 3rd Platform technologies (mobility, cloud, bigdata/analytics, and social) and innovation accelerator (particularly Internet of Things, robotics, Artificial intelligence/machine learning) on telcos and digital transformation
- Network function virtualization (NFV) and software-defined networking (SDN)
- Infrastructure, staff, and operational models
- Platform economy and other emerging business models
- Telco cloud portfolios and strategies
- Customer experience technologies
- Operational Support Systems (OSS) and Business Support Systems (BSS)
- 5G and LTE developments and deployments
- Data monetization
- Market Analysis Perspective: The 2025 Europe Telco, 2019
- European Telco Spending 2019–2023 Forecast
- Telco trends in Network Virtualization in Europe
- European Telco 2019 Outlook: Toward Telco 2025
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Cloud 2018 Predictions — Implications for Western Europe
- Telcos and 5G
- EMEA Telco NCIS and Maintenance Market 2019–2023 Forecast
- EMEA Telecoms Equipment Market 2018–2022 Forecast
- Telco opportunities in AI and Cognitive Computing
- European Enterprise Communications Survey, 2019: Strategic Outlook Toward Telco 2025
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How do telcos need to transform to compete in tomorrow's market?
- What part do telcos have to play in a post-3rd Platform world, and where should they position themselves?
- Should telcos be cloud providers or cloud enablers?
- How will telcos' ICT needs evolve, and how can equipment providers meet them?
- How can ICT solutions providers help telcos create relevant new operating models?
- What impact will NFV and SDN have on telco infrastructure and operating models, and what opportunities will they enable?
- Which telcos have compelling digital transformation strategies?
- How can telcos best utilize advanced analytics to improve their customer insight?
- How can telcos best work in the ecosystem of vendors, integrators, ISVs, and consulting companies?
- What is the size and growth of the technology and country markets for telco infrastructure?
AT&T Inc., Accenture plc, Amdocs Limited, Atos S.A., Avaya Inc., BT Group plc, Bharti Airtel Limited, Capgemini Services SAS, CenturyLink, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Colt Group S.A., Dell Inc., Deloitte LLP, Deutsche Telekom AG, Ericsson, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., MTN Group Limited, NTT, Netcracker Technology Corp., Nokia Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., Swisscom Ltd., Tech Mahindra Limited, Telefonica S.A., Telenor ASA, Telia Company AB, VEON Ltd., VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, Wipro Limited, Zain Group
Meet the Experts
Research Director, EMEA Telecommunications and Networking
Research Director, EMEA Telecoms and Networking
Associate Vice President, Telecoms and Networking
Research Manager, EMEA Mobility