The market for analytics and big data technologies is healthy and growing strongly in Europe. Growth is being fueled by demand for resiliency and agility in the face of unprecedented changes in the business environment and digital transformation. Analytics and data are critical enablers, and predictive capabilities have become essential, integrating intelligent insights into core processes and operations. Meanwhile, cloud computing is having a huge impact on this market: toolsets and data architectures are changing profoundly: the ability to access vast data stores and act on real-time information without expensive infrastructure has been a game-changer. But as analytics use cases evolve, companies are faced with the challenge of building skills, enterprise-wide, while increasing trust and understanding of data assets: governance, privacy and the ethical dimension have never been more important.
IDC's European Intelligent Analytics and Data Strategies research provides a coordinated view of the complex and vibrant European market for analytics, data management and machine learning, combining software product-related research with coverage of the broader market opportunities, success factors and a view of the dynamic ecosystem. The research describes markets and strategies for revenue growth and compares competing vendors in the marketplace. It identifies and quantifies opportunities, attitudes, key trends, use cases, challenges and best practices in the adoption of analytics and big data across both western and eastern Europe.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Big Data and analytics market developments
- Data platforms, workloads and use cases
- Business analytics and BI tools (end-user query, reporting, visual discovery and analytics)
- Advanced analytics & machine learning
- Data catalogs, master data management, transformation and governance toolsets
- Data and analytics skills, education and governance
- European Market Analysis Perspective for Analytics, Data Management and Big Data
- European Analytics, Data Management and Big Data Software Market Forecasts
- European Analytics and Data Management Software Vendor Market Shares
- European Big Data Analytics Technologies and Services Forecast
- European Analytics Markets: User Views and Trends
- European Enterprise Performance Management Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How are the European Analytics, Data Management and Big Data markets evolving and developing?
- What are the key drivers and barriers experienced by users and buyers in this market and what are their spending plans?
- What are the most popular current and future use cases for analytics, BI and ML across European industries?
- What is the future shape of data platforms and data lake architectures in the age of the cloud?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected companies' strategies, needs and attitudes to analytics and data?
- Who are the leading Big Data and analytics vendors in the market and how do they compare? What are startups offering?