The Internet of Things and Intelligent Edge: Security service will analyze Internet of Things (IoT) security across corporate and industrial markets. It will clarify IoT security and privacy requirements across industrial controls, environmental controls, automotive electronics and technologies, medical devices, smart buildings, utilities and critical infrastructure, and other emerging IoT technologies. This service also examines the developing complexities CIOs must address in reconciling operational technology (OT) security policies with traditional information technology (IT) governance practices and across a dynamic mix of networking technologies (e.g., 4G/5G, WiFi, and wired).
Internet of Things and Intelligent Edge: Security
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IoT device security and identity
- Emerging IoT security standards and best practices
- Embedded device security
- Healthcare device security and automotive IoT security
- Smart buildings and utilities IoT security
- Security risks to industrial control systems (ICSs) and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems
- IoT-related access control and threat management
- Taxonomy and definitions
- Market sizing
- Fundamentals for common IoT security platform
- Vendor profiles
- IT and OT collaboration and integration
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the key players in the IoT security market, and where are the opportunities for growth?
- What are the key trends emerging within the IoT security market?
- What are the security and privacy requirements across the enterprise IoT security spaces?
- How will OT coexist with IT, and what are the security concerns in a merged OT/IT environment?
AT&T Inc., Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Armis Inc., Belden Electronics GmbH, Cisco Systems Inc., Claroty Ltd., Cynerio Israel Ltd., Dell Inc., Dragos Inc., ForeScout Technologies Inc., Fortinet, Inc., Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Intel Corporation, Kaspersky, Lenovo Group Limited, Medigate Tech Ltd., Microsoft Corporation, NOZOMI LIMITED, Nuvolo Technologies Corp., Palo Alto Networks, Inc., Samsung, Sepior ApS, Siemens AG, T-Mobile, Tenable, Inc., Trend Micro Incorporated, Verizon Communications, Inc., Viakoo, Inc.