The Internet of Things and Intelligent Edge: Security service will analyze Internet of Things (IoT) security across corporate and consumer markets. It will clarify IoT security and privacy requirements across industrial controls, environmental controls (consumer and corporate), automotive electronics and technologies, medical devices, consumer technologies and wearables, and other emerging IoT technologies. We also examine the developing complexity as CIOs are given responsibility for reconciling operational technology (OT) security policies with traditional information technology (IT) governance practices.
Internet of Things and Intelligent Edge: Security
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IoT device security and identity
- Secure IoT data collection and analysis at the network edge
- Secure IoT cloud analytics
- OT versus IT security
- IoT risks to industrial control systems (ICSs) and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems
- Healthcare device security and automotive IoT security
- Emerging IoT security standards and best practices
- Consumer IoT data privacy requirements
- IoT-related access control and threat management
- Taxonomy and definitions
- Market sizing
- Key vendor market shares
- Fundamentals for common IoT security platform
- Vendor profiles
- Resolving IT versus OT conflict
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the key players in the IoT security market, and where are the opportunities for growth?
- What are the key trends emerging within the IoT security market?
- What are the security and privacy requirements across the consumer and enterprise IoT security spaces?
- How will companies connect/use IoT to improve service and support across their entire customer base?
- How will OT coexist with IT, and what are the security concerns in a merged OT/IT environment?
AT&T Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., BMW AG, Bayshore Networks Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Dell EMC, Dell Inc., Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V., Ford Motor Company, ForeScout Technologies Inc., General Electric Company, General Motors Company, Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Intel Corporation, RSA Security LLC, Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, Symantec Corporation, Trend Micro Incorporated, Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc