Since 1989, IDC has supported ICT suppliers and financial investors with our industry-standard study on the state of ICT spending in every region around the world. The Worldwide Black Book (Standard Edition) is IDC's quarterly analysis of the status and projected growth of the worldwide ICT industry in 89 countries. As the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data across six continents, IDC's Worldwide Black Book (Standard Edition) offers a profile of the ICT market in each of the countries where IDC is currently represented.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Infrastructure: Server, external storage, enterprise network, telecom equipment, and infrastructure as a service
- Devices: Traditional PC, tablet, smartphone, feature phone, hardcopy peripheral, and PC monitor
- Telecom Services: Fixed and mobile, voice and data
- Software: Applications, application development, and deployment and system infrastructure
- IT services: Outsourcing, project-oriented, support and training
- Business Services
- Quarterly Delivery of Worldwide ICT Spending Forecasts
- Worldwide Black Book Query Tool
- Quarterly ICT Spending Analysis
- Historical Databook (IT Spending 1995–2016)
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key emerging markets and ICT hotspots around the world?
- What proportion of overall ICT budgets are allocated to hardware, software, and services spending?
- How do Asia/Pacific and Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) differ in ICT investment strategies?
- What is the impact of economic trends on ICT spending, including the impact of the volatility in emerging markets?
- Which market sectors are expected to enjoy the largest share of investment in the next five years?
- What do historical market trends teach us about the relationship between IT spending and the overall economy?
IDC's Worldwide Black Book (Standard Edition) service examines IT spending patterns and forecasts across the following country markets:
Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Rest of Africa, Rest of Asia/Pacific, Rest of CEE, Rest of Latin America, Rest of Middle East, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam