This research program covers the adoption and usage of the platform-as-a-service (PaaS) market, both public and private, in Western Europe, focusing on application PaaS. Clients will get actionable insight into customer adoption trends and drivers, the competitive landscape, and PaaS-oriented vendor ecosystems in Western Europe.
The service can be equally used by public PaaS vendors and IT services providers focusing on both application services and infrastructure services.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Investment and competitive positioning of platform vendors
- PaaS end user attitudes and consumption patterns
- Market size and forecasts for PaaS by type of deployment
- Vendor market shares for PaaS by type of deployment
- Ecosystems dynamics and platform affiliation of services partners
- Strategies and completive positioning of PaaS-related professional and managed services providers
- Forms of deployments and implications for services partners
- Platform-as-a-Service by type of deployment in Europe 2018-2022
- PaaS in Europe, 2018 User Attitudes and Strategies
- Top 10 Vendor Market Shares for PaaS (Public & Private)
- Top 10 Service Provider Market Share for PaaS (Public & Private)
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Adoption: How are enterprises using PaaS now, how are they planning to use PaaS in the near future, and what should IT services vendors do in response to this changing landscape?
- Roadmap: Which PaaS platforms and offerings should enterprises and IT services vendors be betting on for the future, and which should they be avoiding?
- Public vs. private: How important will the private hosted PaaS market be in the near future, and what should IT services organizations do in response to these patterns?
- Implications: What are the wider implications of PaaS adoption that IT services suppliers need to address (e.g., Service Orchestration, API Management), and what changed skillsets will be demanded by customers in future?
- Ecosystems: How is PaaS changing the IT services landscape, and how are developer ecosystems going to evolve?
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,