IDC's Internet of Things: Services program examines the life cycle of services involved in consulting, planning, designing, building, managing, and supporting IoT initiatives. This service will examine the overall opportunity for IoT services from a quantitative, qualitative, and supplier perspective. Suppliers providing IT services, platform providers building an ecosystem, or any buyer considering an IoT initiative will find value in this program.
Internet of Things: Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IoT services buyer needs and requirements
- IoT services forecast and analysis
- IoT strategy consulting services
- IoT services competitive landscape
- IoT support strategies
- The role of custom application development services for IoT
- The nexus of managed IT services with managing IoT-enabled environments
- Adoption cycle for IoT services
- The impact of IoT on network planning and design
- Assessing IoT security challenges
- Key ecosystems for IT services providers
- IoT Services Taxonomy
- IoT Services Buyer Needs and Requirements
- IoT Services Forecast and Analysis
- IoT Service Provider Profiles
- End-User Criteria for IoT Services
- IoT Service Provider Assessment
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How does IDC define IoT services, and what are the various markets?
- How large and fast growing are the markets associated with IoT services across the life cycle of services delivery?
- Which early use cases are driving demand for IoT services?
- How are partner ecosystems evolving to drive value in IoT implementations?
- What are buyers looking for from IoT service providers?
- How are services firms helping organizations identify value throughout the IoT life cycle?
AT&T Inc., Accenture plc, Atos S.A., BearingPoint Holding BV, CGI Group Inc., Capgemini Services SAS, Cisco Systems, Inc., Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, DXC Technology Co., Dell EMC, Deloitte LLP, Emerson Network Power, Ericsson, Ernst & Young Global Limited, Fujitsu Limited, General Electric Company, HCL, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, Infosys Limited, KPMG International, NTT, Nokia Corporation, Oracle Corporation, PTC, Inc., PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, SAP SE, Schneider Electric SE, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Tech Mahindra Limited, Vodafone Group Plc, Wipro Limited