IDC's Mobile Operator Strategies focuses on the operator strategies for consumer and business mobile services. This research service provides analysis and recommendations to vendors looking to thrive in this highly competitive market. Our analysts work closely with mobile operators, including both traditional mobile network operators and new entrants with disruptive services, to identify opportunities and threats and build forecasts based on a solid understanding of their mobile offers, portfolio of assets, and marketing tactics. Annual surveys on mobile consumer and business buying preferences, adoption, and interests further shape the analysis and recommendations. All providers in or entering this market can benefit from the reports on the dynamics of prepaid and postpaid markets as well as business and consumer smartphone adoption, mobile content strategies, and BYOD and corporate purchase trends. Grounded with primary research, Mobile Operator Strategies provides the essential guidance that providers need to know in today's mobile voice and data services market.
Mobile Operator Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Consumer and business mobile voice and data subscribers, ARPU, and revenue forecasts for mobile voice and data services
- Mobile service plans, including the impact of shared data plans versus unlimited plans as well as subsidized device versus equipment installment plans and leasing plans
- Competitive positioning of tier 1 mobile operators as well as disruptive market entrants
- Analysis of the prepaid and postpaid mobile services market
- Operator strategies specific to consumer, BYOD, individual-liable, and corporate-liable subscribers
- Consumer and enterprise mobile preferences and behaviors
- The impact of wireless displacement on fixed broadband as well as the role of WiFi as an offload option from cellular services
- Mobile content strategies
- Best practices of global mobile operators
- Quarterly Operator Earnings Analysis
- Mobile Consumer and Business Services Forecasts
- Prepaid and Postpaid Mobile Subscriber Forecasts
- Competitive Analysis of Tier 1 Mobile Operators
- U.S. Mobile Phone and Smartphone Installed Base Forecast
- Consumer and Business Mobility Survey Analysis
- U.S. Wireless Equipment Revenue Forecasts
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key lessons learned from mobile operators when it comes to increasing consumer and business mobility services usage and requirements?
- What are the key drivers and inhibitors for consumer and enterprise adoption and usage of mobile broadband services as a replacement to fixed broadband?
- What strategies are emerging in the pricing, packaging, and marketing of mobile services? How are the competitive reactions to first-mover disruption affecting the economic viability of the mobile operators over the long term?
- How will mobile operators adapt to the growing number of over-the-top content, including video, music streaming, voice and messaging services, and other applications? What effect will over-the-top content have on pricing and network optimization strategy?
- How will mobile operators adapt to the shift in device purchasing behavior, specifically early upgrade plans, nonsubsidized device, and the growing BYOD trend?
AT&T Inc., Altice N.V., Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., Assurance Wireless, BT Group plc, Cablevision Systems Corporation, CenturyLink, Inc., Charter Communications, Inc., Comcast Corporation, Cox Communications, Inc., Deutsche Telekom AG, Facebook, Inc., FirstNet, Google Inc., HP Inc., IBM, Intel Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Orange S.A., Republic Wireless Inc., Samsung, Scratch Wireless, Inc., Sprint Corporation, T-Mobile International AG, Telefonica S.A., TracFone Wireless, Inc., U.S. Cellular Corporation, Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc