IDC's European Privacy and Data Security service focuses on the impacts of a variety of data protection and privacy legislation on the technology sector, affecting security markets, plus cloud, storage, analytics, IoT, mobility, print, business applications and so on. The benefits to subscribers include strategy advice on the opportunity from changes in legislation, competitive information, market sizing, and guidance on the detail of the legislation. GDPR, the NIS Directive, and the ePrivacy Regulation (PECR) are the main focuses, but there are other influences that also impact technology markets.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Data classification policy & compliance
- Encryption/Rights management (drives/files/folders/DRM)
- Data loss protection (discovery/monitoring)
- Database protection (monitor / tokenize / encrypt)
- Crypto/Key management (HSMs/PKI/TPMs)
- Cloud and datacenter adoption impacts
- The General Data Protection Regulation
- Privacy shield, binding corporate rules and contract clauses
- The Network & Information Security Directive
- The ePrivacy Regulation
- Digital Single Market influences
- Impacts of legislation on specific technologies
- Market Analysis Perspective
- Sizing the opportunity from GDPR
- The impact from GDPR on cloud service providers
- CSP go-to-market strategies for the privacy paranoid
- IDC PlanScape: A framework for GDPR compliance
- Data classification
- Data loss prevention forecast
- State of the art in encryption and key management
- Data center compliance
- Database protection
- Compliance services, and compliance as a service
- GDPR maturity and readiness
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How big is the opportunity from changes to European legislation?
- What are the different adoption rates between countries and between industries in DP-related technology?
- What legislative constraints apply to cloud service providers, and how can these be overcome?
- What steps should technology vendors take to ensure their own compliance with EU laws?
- How are enterprises seeking to protect their data while adopting digital transformation technologies?
- What impact does EU legislation have on global firms?