DevOps is a powerful modern approach to unifying the business strategy, development, testing, deployment, and life-cycle operation of software. This approach is accomplished by improving business, IT, and development collaboration while taking full advantage of automation technologies, end-to-end processes, microservices architecture, and cloud infrastructure to accelerate development and delivery and enable innovation. This IDC subscription service provides insight, forecasts, and thought leadership to assist IT management, IT professionals, IT vendors, and service providers in creating compelling DevOps strategies and solutions.
DevOps Solutions: Software, Infrastructure and Transformation
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- DevOps adoption drivers, benefits, and use cases
- Identification of DevOps innovators and best practices
- Identification of critical DevOps tools enabling automation, open source technologies, and market leaders
- Analysis of the impact DevOps is having on IT infrastructure hardware and software purchasing and deployment priorities across on-premises and cloud service platforms
- Major transformation and impact DevOps is having on staffing, skills, and internal processes
- Worldwide DevOps Software Forecast, 2018-2022
- Worldwide DevOps Software Market Share, 2018-2022
- The Role of Cloud-Based IDEs to Drive DevOps Adoption
- Changing Drivers of DevOps: Role of Serverless and Microservices/Cloud-Native Architectures
- Market Analysis Perspective: Worldwide Developer, Operations, and DevOps
- Evolving Approaches and Practices in DevOps
- The Shift to Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Tools and Frameworks for Supporting DevOps Workflows
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the primary DevOps adoption drivers, benefits, and use cases?
- What is the role of automation and open source in enabling effective DevOps operations and strategies?
- Which vendors are disrupting the status quo with DevOps innovation?
- What impact is DevOps having on IT infrastructure hardware and software purchasing and deployment priorities across on-premises and cloud service platforms?
- What are the enterprise best practices for efficient and effective DevOps implementation and sustainability?
Amazon.com Inc., Ansible Inc., Atlassian Pty Ltd., BMC Software, Inc., CA Technologies, Inc., Canonical Group Limited, Chef Software, Inc., CloudBees, Inc., CoreOS, Inc., CÔNG TY CỔ PHẦN MUỐI KHÁNH HÒA, Docker, Inc., Dynatrace LLC, Electric Cloud, Inc., GIT Holdings, GOMEZ INC., GitLab B.V., Google Inc., HashiCorp, Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Mesosphere, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, New Relic, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Pivotal Software, Inc., Puppet, Inc., Red Hat, Inc., SUSE, Slack Technologies, Inc., VMware, Inc., XebiaLabs Inc.
Meet the Experts
Group Vice President, Software Development and Open Source
Research Director, DevOps
Research Vice President, Cloud Management
Program Vice President, Management Software and DevOps