DevOps is a powerful modern approach to unifying the business strategy, development, testing, deployment, and life-cycle operation of software. This is accomplished by improving business, IT and development collaboration while taking full advantage of automation technologies, end-to-end processes, microservices architecture, and cloud infrastructure to accelerate development and delivery and enable innovation. This IDC subscription service provides insight, forecasts, and thought leadership to assist IT management, IT professionals, IT vendors, and service providers in creating compelling DevOps strategies and solutions.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- DevOps adoption drivers, benefits, and use cases
- Identification of DevOps innovators and best practices
- Identification of critical DevOps tools enabling automation, open source technologies, and market leaders
- Analysis of the impact DevOps is having on IT infrastructure hardware and software purchasing and deployment priorities across on-premises and cloud service platforms
- Major transformation and impact DevOps is having on staffing, skills, and internal processes
- IDC DevView Survey Results
- Worldwide DevOps Software Forecast, 2017-2021
- Worldwide DevOps Software Market Share, 2017-2021
- Worldwide DevOps Software Forecast by Deployment Location, 2017-2021
- Changing Drivers of DevOps: Role of Serverless and Microservices/Cloud-Native Architectures
- IDC Innovators: Application Development Tools for DevOps
- Market Analysis Perspective: Worldwide Developer, Operations, and DevOps
- Evolving Approaches and Practices in DevOps
- The Shift to Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Tools and Frameworks for Supporting DevOps Workflows
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the primary DevOps adoption drivers, benefits, and use cases?
- What is the role of automation and open source in enabling effective DevOps operations and strategies?
- Which vendors are disrupting the status quo with DevOps innovation?
- What impact is DevOps having on IT infrastructure hardware and software purchasing and deployment priorities across on-premises and cloud service platforms?
BMC Software, Inc.,
CA Technologies, Inc.,
Canonical Group Limited,
Chef Software, Inc.,
Electric Cloud, Inc.,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,
New Relic, Inc.,
Pivotal Software, Inc.,
Red Hat, Inc.,