The security market in China is a hot point in recent years as the "China Cybersecurity Law" will be published in 2017. We can see enterprises from all professions and trades enhancing security IT spending in 2017. What's more as cloud is mature, more and more security providers are developing cloud security to cooperate with cloud service providers, which is a key trend in the coming years.
At this moment, most of the enterprises in China lack security spending, and we believe it will be a big market size for security vendors increasing their revenue in future.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- As China emphasizes that the network should be trusted and secure, most of the security vendors are growing rapidly — especially some MNCs are growing smoothly in terms of security. We think there are also some business models that can let worldwide vendors get a big revenue or benefit from the China market.
- Product capability: In fact, there aren't so many local vendors good enough in several security fields; some of foreign vendors are good players in China.
- Business strategy: Some of the vendors book accurate business strategy to fit marketing in China such as corporates with vendors or as technology providers in deals. With demand for more and more security rising up, some MNC vendors also obtain a good achievement in PRC by cooperation with local vendors.
- Vendor-Sponsored White Paper (To give out a security market direction or technical trends, if you are thinking of going to market and your product development can cater to trends in China, a white paper or something can help you.)
- China Cloud Service Provider Security MarketScape, 2016 (This document evaluates the security capabilities of cloud service providers in China.)
- China MaturityScape for Security (It is a model to evaluate the security maturity stage users or platforms are in and that gives users some development strategy.)
What's more, we have already booked above the standard product in China to let worldwide vendors evaluate the capability of your local partner and competitor in China:
- China Security Appliance Tracker, 2016–2017 (by quarter)
- China Security Software Tracker, 2016–2017
- China Security Operations Center (SOC) Market Share, 2016
- China Firewall Market Share, 2016
- China Web Security Market Insight, 2016
- China Unified Threat Management (UTM) Market Share, 2016
- China Security Appliance Forecast, 2017–2021
- China Security Software Forecast, 2017–2021
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the demand relationship about enterprise security in China?
- In China, which are the best local security players (in each field)?
- Which security product is the local vendor's weakness in China?
- How can I find a local vendor in China to corporate with? And which vendor is easy to touch?
- Which of cooperation will be the most beneficial for me?
- In 2017, which kind of security product will have potential in China?
Alibaba Group Holding Limited,
BEIJING NETENTSEC, INC.,
BLUECOAT SYSTEMS LIMITED,
Barracuda Networks, Inc.,
Beijing Topsec Network Security Technology Co. Ltd.,
Beijing Venustech Inc.,
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.,
Cisco Systems, Inc.,
F5 Networks, Inc.,
FORCEPOINT OVERSEAS LIMITED,
H3C Technologies Co.,
Hangzhou DPtech Technologies Co.,Ltd.,
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.,
MCAFEE SECURITY, LLC,
NSFocus Information Technology Co., Ltd.,
Sangfor Technologies Company Limited,
Tencent Holdings Limited,
Watchguard Technologies, Inc.